Search the forum,

Discuss Local heroes - British Gas in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

leelister6

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Has anyone signed up for this? Is it any good? Bit loathe to sign up for anything related to BG but may be handy to fill the quiet spots

You need to be LTD. I'm not on it but I know a company that is. They said it is ok but you have to be quick to stand a chance of getting anything. But I suppose that depends on where you live

LOOKS LIKE THEY MAY SEND THERE OWN PEOPLE ROUND TO DO THE JOB AND GET ALL THE MONEY AND TALK THEM IN TO CONTRACTS

LOOKS LIKE THEY MAY SEND THERE OWN PEOPLE ROUND TO DO THE JOB AND GET ALL THE MONEY AND TALK THEM IN TO CONTRACTS
Don't think it works like that mate. Not saying it doesn't but not from what I can see.

Sounds okay, but British Gas did not give me the apprenticeship I applied for so I had to get into the industry the hard way, and, quite honestly, I think it was fortunate for me.
Quite happy to let BG continue to play the part of Central Services and I'll play the part of Archibald Tuttle, thanks very much. If I have excess spare time, I can always try to grow more vegetables.

they take 20% of fees, you turn up give price and customer pays their office, if replace boiler etc need to chat to heroes office re parts or lose 20% overall costs. might mean turning up giving price and being turned away.

they take 20% of fees, you turn up give price and customer pays their office, if replace boiler etc need to chat to heroes office re parts or lose 20% overall costs. might mean turning up giving price and being turned away.
Luck of the draw I say.

Just BG trying to pull one over on the general public again, I never trust anything they get involved with, Now they seem to be trying the Check-a-trade business, only people to gain from this will be BG.

Just BG trying to pull one over on the general public again, I never trust anything they get involved with, Now they seem to be trying the Check-a-trade business, only people to gain from this will be BG.
As long as I am busy with my own work mate. It doesn't bother me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Local heroes - British Gas in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Anyone know how to clear a f70 fault on a british gas 330+ boiler
Replies
Views
Just been to a nightmare of a job! Had to carry out a service on the 2009 British Gas 330 + (GC: 41-019-11) It's a Glow Worm boiler. The boiler was flashing SE even before I arrived, which I assumed the service reminder needed resetting. After completing the service I contact Glow Worm to...
Replies
Views
Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a gas warning notice for at risk as the outside wall meter box has been drilled through for the gas pipe to go horizontal straight to the boiler. The...
Replies
Views
British Gas servicing the above boiler ramped up the boiler to maximum in the installer menu to do flue gas analysis. They also measured the working gas pressure on the gas valve test nipple. This fell to 8mbar on maximum and 17mbar on high setting. They then removed the isolation valve under...
Replies
Views
Hi people, I have came across a British Gas 330+ system boiler. No heating or hot water. Cant hear anything when turning power on, just display lights up with no info on it. Does anyone know what the issue might be?
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock