Search the forum,

Discuss Liquid ptfe / Rocol oil seal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaunCorbs

Super Moderator
Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Solutions
Any body use any of the above and any thoughts??

many thanks
shaun

I use the oil seal, which I haven't had any problems with, not used the liquid Ptfe, have you had problems with either?

I use the oil seal, which I haven't had any problems with, not used the liquid Ptfe, have you had problems with either?

Haven't used either just wanted a different other than ptfe

I just use oil seal as I would use gas seal, Ptfe has its uses but don't like it on gas joints or oil joints.

same here prefer heldtite, have had a tube of liquid ptfe for ages, tends to go everywhere, so dont use it very often

Only prob with heldite is you can't use it on pot water

I use the regin stuff on heating and potable. Its a bit pricey but top gear.

I use the regin stuff on heating and potable. Its a bit pricey but top gear.

You got a link and is it for threaded joints as well ??

[DLMURL="http://www.reginproducts.co.uk/sealants/REGM20"]REGM20 - Gas & Water Jointing Compound | Regin[/DLMURL]

I buy it from heating world of spares.

Last edited by a moderator:
Liquid Ptfe is good for doing rad tails into towel rails and fancy rads, leaves a classy finish but pointless otherwise.

Got a sample of 577 and thinks it's good used it on a towel rad it looks beter than tape and sealed no problem

Loctite 55 thread.
Knocks all other stuff into a cocked hat.

Can use it on everything apart from steam. You can get a free 5metre roll from their website.

Rocol is crap. Mine went straight in bin as the oily stuff leaked out of the container continuously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Liquid ptfe / Rocol oil seal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock