Discuss Level 2 diploma correct entry route in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Afternoon everyone,

Currently looking to learn the trade and trying to find the best entry routes in. I will be working full time around this so an apprenticeship is not viable as will not pay the mortgage. My local college offers a level 2 diploma in plumbing part time. Also I do have a plumber who has said he can take me on jobs to get the hands on experiene. I am not a complete novice has have installed my bathroom, kitchen and other smaller jobs.

Does this sound like a good option? Also I am aware that the NVQ level 2 is needed to be fully qualified in plumbing. Can this be achieved after the diploma or would it cover the same information?

Thanks

If you can double up on the practical side as this will help in the night courses

Daniel , you will never realise how lucky you are to have somebody to show you the trade , put plenty graft in and you will be fine.

IMO You may as well ask your mate to be your work based recorder for your NVQ if he meets the criteria. Then start your NVQ portfolio soon after you begin your diploma. I.e. ask the college to take you on as an NVQ student. The theory is similar.

Reply to Level 2 diploma correct entry route in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back