Search the forum,

Discuss Legionella testing Regulations for landlords in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

unguided1

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all,
I just spent the day doing landlord gas safety certs for one of my regulars today, and their agent has told them that it is now regulation to ave legionella testing annually.
So aving rung round my local plumbing merchants, seem none of em stock the offending test kits and ave never heard of this new reg. I've not heard of it either, is my customers agent trying to ave em over?

No requirement as of yet

From the hse site

"There is a legal duty for landlords to assess and control the risk of exposure to legionella bacteria, but Health and Safety law does not require landlords to produce or obtain, nor does HSE recognise, a 'Legionnaires testingcertificate'."

Which sums down to as long as there's no risk / hasn't been sitting empty for a long time your fine

Nice one Shaun, looks like I'm gonna ave some fun tomorrow when I talk to the agent, they are currently saying that my customer forks out £120 per property to have them tested and certified against legionella!, and that is six properties! I will demand they show me the regs!!! And recommend my customer finds a new agent!

Nice one Shaun, looks like I'm gonna ave some fun tomorrow when I talk to the agent, they are currently saying that my customer forks out £120 per property to have them tested and certified against legionella!, and that is six properties! I will demand they show me the regs!!! And recommend my customer finds a new agent!

Commercially like schools and sports places have to but that's down to there public liability etc

Either way let us know how you get on

Will do bud, my customer is the sort that bends over backwards for her tenants, and the thought of someone trying to rip her makes my blood boil!

Will do bud, my customer is the sort that bends over backwards for her tenants, and the thought of someone trying to rip her makes my blood boil!

Well put it this way if she needed one by requirement you don't need to be trained just fill out a forum with low and high risks etc :D

No requirement as of yet

From the hse site

"There is a legal duty for landlords to assess and control the risk of exposure to legionella bacteria, but Health and Safety law does not require landlords to produce or obtain, nor does HSE recognise, a 'Legionnaires testingcertificate'."

Which sums down to as long as there's no risk / hasn't been sitting empty for a long time your fine

Shaun, do you have the link to this please..... would be interested in reading a little more about it. thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Legionella testing Regulations for landlords in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My Annual Gas Safety check expired 2 months ago and after repeated emails to the Landlord asking when it would be done (every year its about 2 or 3 months late --going on now for 17 years ) the gas fitter from last year attended --he spent the entire 15 minutes in the airing cupboard where the...
Replies
Views
Now sorted... don’t bother reading this stupid long post. Hi, I’ve got a bit of a head scratcher here and wondered what you guys would make of it. I was called by a landlord to do a gas safety check on a property that is now at the latter stages of being sold and the buyers wanted the usual...
Replies
Views
Sharp Point
S
One of my landlords is requesting the above apparently hes been told its a simple test required by new regulations, the ''gas man'' can do whilst hes doing the safety cert... anyone else do a legionnaires test ?
Replies
Views
kay-jay
K
Hi just found out that landlords now have to get a legionella risk assessment done now and I am woubdering how I go about getting some sort of temp plate to hand over the the LL , when i wa sitting for my papers we also done a water byelaws2000 Scotland so I think I am more than compitant in...
Replies
Views
Hi all, i am member of the forum and Gas safe registered. i just want your opinions on something. I have spent 20 minutes on the phone to Gloworm on Monday attempting to get some literature for above boiler. their web site gives no mention to the space saver so no chance of a download. After...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock