Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss Legal Minimum Wage for a Lvl 2 NVQ Qualified Plumber? in the Plumbing Courses area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Whats A Spanner?

Whats A Spanner? New Member

Hey,

I wasn't sure where to post this so sorry If this isn't right. But basically I've just finished and passed my Level 2 NVQ Plumbing Course and my Unvented Systems Course.

I've been working for the company for 1 year and 7 months. I'm due a pay rise but not until next month, I was just curious if they decided to pay me the minimum wage what is the legal minimum wage for a plumber of my qualifications? I'm not looking for an exact answer but a rough one would be great.

Also, might be a stupid question but...now that I've finished my college course does that mean I am no longer an apprentice or is it a certain time period to be working until I no longer am an apprentice?

Many thanks,
    J

2. Meady

Meady Plumber GSR

3. Whats A Spanner?

4. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

how many hours a day do you work and how many days a week and any collage days in these?

5. Whats A Spanner?

I have finished college now but my official hours are 8.30am - 5.30pm but I normally always finish around 6ish. Basically when the last job is done. And I work 5 days a week.

6. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

per week before all the bits get taken off (tax and nic) around £282 these normally add upto about £80-£90 a month

so you should be around £250 a week ish

now you will have your pension being taken off as well