Search the forum,

Discuss Leaky sink in London, Chrome trap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
Gonna tackle a leaking sink (appears to drip from porcelain seal / top trap collar).
Reading previous replies to similar issues. will strip & clean everything.
Question is: Can I use a 'descaled' to help remove any stubborn limescale on threads & washers?
Thanks in advance ScruffyStu.

Normally a quick wire brushing / stiff brush gets most off

If it's the top that's leaking sounds like you need to remove the seal if one and replace with plumbers mate

Thanks,
It’s Chrome so I used a softer descaling vinegar soloution and almost all of it came off.
The sink seal was good just needed cleaned and refitted.
After dismantling the trap two seals had perished and needed replaced. The units is an Aston Mathews thing...completely proprietary parts and sizes & they replaced the whole thing for free!
On the train back now to fit the shiny new trap that now uses ‘O’ rings instead of non standard seals. Hopefully this new system will be something that’ll be easier to source for future replacement.
I knew I bought my strap wrenches for a good reason , they work a treat removing and replacing the chrome unit with no marks at all :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Leaky sink in London, Chrome trap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock