Search the forum,

Discuss leaking toilet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

calvia

Hello all plumbers

Since i need some experience behind me thought i would start off at home. My toilet has been leaking for a couple of days now and i would just like a second opinion. i have sent a pic but if that does not show here is a description. It is leaking from the pipe that links from the cistern to the toilet. Right behind the toilet, not at the base of the cistern. I am thinking that it would need a new seal. Am i wrong?? Would it be better to get a new seal at the plumbers merchant rather than somewhere like homebase.

look forward to all feedback.

CAM00088.jpg

tav

p.s sorry about size of pic.

Hi calvia,

You're saying that the flush-pipe is leaking. Firstly you need to confirm that it is leaking at the pan end and not the cistern end, remember water tracks along anything. Put some toilet paper around the pipe at the cistern end (top) and flush. If it remains dry you have confirmed that the problem is at the pan end and you need a new seal.

These are only a couple of quid and are pretty much the same quality wherever you get them.

First I'd look at large plastic nut directly under cistern as the water maybe traveling a little but if you are sure it's from the seal then a new seal it needed.

First I'd look at large plastic nut directly under cistern as the water maybe traveling a little but if you are sure it's from the seal then a new seal it needed.

That's what I said.

Try and get a rubber one instead of the clear plastic type, always seem to fit better.

yup new flush cone. might be the angle of the photo, but the flush pipe doesn't look vertical to me, which can cause leaks at the flush cone.

Try and get a rubber one instead of the clear plastic type, always seem to fit better.

strange i find the rubber ones useless and fit the clear onews with plumbers mait round the out side

The world is divided into two types of plumber. The rubber flush-pipe cone supporters and the clear plastic cone supporters. At the moment the clear placcy ones are in the lead, by about 4 to 1.

I think the rubber ones are better. They seem to have a tighter fit into the pan. This can only be a giod thing. If I have to use one of them crappy thin placcy things I use silicone Around the fins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to leaking toilet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Afternoon all, It appears my toilet inlet pipe has developed a leak at on of the top 2 joints (between plastic pipe into toilet and between copper pipe with isolator screw) I'll attach pic. Just wondering what the fitting is that I need. Thanks, G
Replies
Views
Hi sorry im a newbie, pls help if u can. I had a new bathroom installed about a yr ago and since then when i flush the toilet the room stinks of sewer gas. Not only does the b/room stink it also smells in the kitchen too, which is directly below the toilet/b-room. It doesnt do it everytime...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm seeking advice on resolving the persistent blockage issues with my downstairs toilet. A year ago, I replaced an 80s close-coupled toilet with a more affordable model. This new toilet is a back-to-wall type featuring a concealed cistern within a separate unit. Since its installation...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We've got a toilet that's been leaking due to a faulty seal with the pan connector. We've had a plumber in to replace the pan connector, but it hasn't done anything to fix the leak (and has cost us over £200). The plumber has told us that it can't be fixed due to the height of the old...
Replies
Views
I wonder if anyone is able to help with advice on this. We have fitted a new toilet and 6 litre cistern .. it flushes .. but not as efficiently as it should in my view. It usually needs at least 2 flushes to even shift just toilet paper. It hasn’t been used for anything other than that. It’s a...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock