Discuss Leaking toilet in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Found out recently that toilet has been leaking slowly, under oil cloth covering. Insurance won't pay out. Says it has been going on too long. ( what we thought was overflowing bath or shower, was actually from toilet connection). Floor boards are destroyed and obviously plaster coning off wall. So a mess. Can't afford a plumber at the moment. Have tried to bind the connector with some sort of plumbers tape, and got a vessel collecting leakage underneath. How can I stop the leak please ?
Also on a different note. Small cut noticed on leD pipe, but is under top clock. That has also ruined walls and skirting board. How can I fix that, if I can't turn the water off ?

Any chance of some pictures?
And get your own loss adjuster to fight the insurance firm. These days I never make a significant claim without going through my own L.A

Reply to Leaking toilet in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock