Search the forum,

Discuss Leaking pipe or condensation? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Alanwilliams

I have just finished plumbing in my first shower. I pressure tested the pipe with a compression nut. No leaks. I fitted the splash board and installed the shower unit. When the shower unit is on I am getting considerable pooling of water under the raised shower tray. When the shower is off but still under mains pressure there is no leak. My gut feel is it is not condensation but is it possible for pipe not to leak under mains pressure but then leak when water is flowing through the pipe? It's not the waste trap or pipe as I have checked that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like you've got a leak on a seal most likely between the bottom of the shower walls and the tray, can you post any pictures

sounds like you have a leak through a join in the "splash board"

I was thinking that so I made sure the shower head was pointed well away from the splash walls. I slid my phone under the raised shower tray under the vertical pipe with the video running. No signs of tricking water down the walls or pipe. The seal that is stuck to the tray has the loose top end of the seal resting against the down-pipe and I can imagine a fine spray running down the back of the spLash wall and into the seal causing the dripping and pooling but surely this would be a constant trickle and not just when the shower is on. I have a pic but having trouble posting it

If its not a leak from the hot or cold pipes, nor a leak from the trap or waste fittings, then it is a leak from the pipe that runs from the taps to the shower head.

That would only leak when the taps are open.

Good luck

Post some pictures of "the seal that is stuck to the tray " please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Leaking pipe or condensation? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock