Search the forum,

Discuss Leaking lead pipe. How to stop it! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its illegal to solder lead pipes now. If you want to fix it correctly either replace the lead or cut a small section out and use 2 lead locks
It is but i wonder who thought that shyt up. The problem is the fresh lead from the soldering that may be exposed to the water (and the electrolysis if you stick copper on) but how do you cut a pipe to repair it any other way without exposing fresh clean lead? Anyone out there know how this can be done? The usual fkd up theory ideas from someone who has sat with his rse parked behind a desk for 30 years and has the authority to make it stick.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is but i wonder who thought that shyt up. The problem is the fresh lead from the soldering that may be exposed to the water (and the electrolysis if you stick copper on) but how do you cut a pipe to repair it any other way without exposing fresh clean lead? Anyone out there know how this can be done? The usual fkd up theory ideas from someone who has sat with his rse parked behind a desk for 30 years and has the authority to make it stick.

Could not agree more mate. I remember being shown how to make a lead to copper joint at collage while being told it was illegal to do.

It's been learning for about 6 months and now that its soldered, I don't think it burst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Leaking lead pipe. How to stop it! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a leak from my shower, it's coming down into my kitchen. I've had the sealant, waste pipe and tray all checked. I've also had the shower controls checked. Weird thing is the shower leak only happens when there's weight on the shower tray. The shower tray doesn't flex in any way, which is...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a couple of leaks coming under shower tray downstairs. One is along the wall so think might be joint between wall and tray and the other seems to be near waste tray, there is a slight hairline crack in shower tray near waste . This happens when I leave the shower head near the...
Replies
Views
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and plasterboard celling. I have got unvented pressurized RM Cylinders hot water system with 27KW Worchester gas boiler with expansion vessels . When...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
i can't tell if my shower tap (cock stop) is leaking or not ...............so after showering, the shower head will drip fast for 2 hours, then drip slowly after that...........i put a bucket under the shower head to collect the water for 26 hours the first time.............then 19 hours the...
Replies
Views
D
I have a hot water slab leak which is found behind my bathroom vanity. We heard the noise for a week but never saw any water. Just today we saw water starting to come up under the vanity. I found the leak, my question is is it ok to run the hot water just long enough to take a shower? Does it...
Replies
Views
drpepper68
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock