Search the forum,

Discuss Leaking joint on bottom outlet oil tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bob foster

hi there Hope you are all well. I have a leaking bottom outlet on oil tank, it is dripping at the connection for the stop valve. Unfortunately just filled tank with 2500 of oil, is there any temp repair I can do until tank is empty to enable a permanent repair.
Regards bob

Nope. Speak to oil supplier. For a fee they will pump out whilst repaired and pump back. Take measures to conrain leak before it becomes notifiable to environmental protection.

Thanks for that. I was hoping there might have been a temp fix until oil runs out
Kind regards bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Leaking joint on bottom outlet oil tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Any advice welcome as plumber stumped Had 36-46 grant vortex utility boiler 7 years no problem recently oil tank move and tigerloop install (tank about 1m lower). 10 days later and boiler either doesn't fire or fires stops, fires runs splutters stops. Most it runs now is 10 mins, but that's...
Replies
Views
Z
I'm trying to remove the zone valve ion vented tank and the tank started leaking around the joint. I was hoping to just run the tank with immersion till I can get an unvented. Any tips to stop leaks or do you think I need to buy temporary tank. Any help appreciated as I'm without hot water now.
Replies
Views
zacwithleak
Z
hi all, i need help to fix the leak from a pipe connected to the water pump via flexi pipe and it is feed from the immersion heater. I have emptied the water tank in the loft and also closed the main stopcock. still the leak is on - hoping it will eventually stop. I have not idea how the...
Replies
Views
Good evening, I'd like your opinion on something that is worrying me please: my landlady's plumber replaced the bottom/night element of my 20-year-old unvented cylinder (an Ariston Classico HE STD 150) 5 days ago and I hadn't noticed that it was leaking. He fixed the leak today but now the...
Replies
Views
Been in property about 10 years and the valve on the (round/bunded) Balmoral tank has always been in pretty rusty state. Tank is 5,000 litres but only got about 300L left at the moment. Please see picture. Looking for opinions on whether to get valve/filter assembly replaced due to rust or if I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock