Search the forum,

Discuss Leaking Buried Copper Pipework in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

huw.davies@virg

Hello all,
I have a real problem to deal with. I have recently installed a full underfloor heating system in a very expensive 'new build'. I have run 28mm copper from the boiler to the unvented hot water cylinder approximately 18M away. I insulated the 28mm copper pipework and air tested it prior to the floor screed being laid - all was well. The floor construction is as follows - concrete oversite on which I have run my insulated primary connections. On either side of the flow and return is 65mm of Kingspan insulation. On top of the Kingspan, I laid the red Polypipe plastic crating into which I laid the underfloor heating pipe. On top of all of this is 80mm of screed and then 50mm of limestone paving. Sadly, I have discovered that the flow and return primary pipework is no longer holding pressure. To expose the pipework is a non starter. I have identified an alternative route - however, the fabric of the house is all but complete and I'm going to be extremely unpopular if I start invasive work now. Has anybody had any success with any of the Fernox leak sealing products available? Any other offers?

Yours hopefully, A very worried Huw!

Hi Hew

Welcome to the forum

Leak sealing products are not for long term use , you may be extremly inpopular for what you need to do but its better to get it right now than have all the problems later if you know what needs doing then do it now, the longer you leave it the more time you have wasted and the more problems you will have

good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Leaking Buried Copper Pipework in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock