Search the forum,

Discuss Leak from Vaillant TurboMax Plus 837E pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a Vaillant TurboMax Plus 837E & it's leaking from the connection to the pump, I have attached photos. Does anyone know how to fix it?

Here are the images: Imgur

It s leaking from the copper pipe connected to the pump.

very common auto air vent has failed

I run the risk of being told I'm wrong, but in my opinion you will need to be Gas safe registered to have any advice here.

if im not mistaken thats the one with the plastic fold down flap with a sep combustion chamber

It is , but depending on your point of view the case has been removed

case is still inplace

hqdefault.jpg

Yes I agree , but I bet gas Safe wouldn’t lol

They do there's a tb out what homeowners can do

Aslong as they have a seal like the baxi 105 has eg case doesn't form the seal they can do what they like on the wet side aslong as they don't take the seal off

They do there's a tb out what homeowners can do

Aslong as they have a seal like the baxi 105 has eg case doesn't form the seal they can do what they like on the wet side aslong as they don't take the seal off
So as long as the op knew this In the first place, and any others that care to follow suit, (as long as they don't make a mistake and open the wrong boiler case, or mix up which one they thought was there's, because they may have looked at a PDF and got confused by the GC number), it shouldn't really be a problem then. ?

So as long as the op knew this In the first place, and any others that care to follow suit, (as long as they don't make a mistake and open the wrong boiler case, or mix up which one they thought was there's, because they may have looked at a PDF and got confused by the GC number), it shouldn't really be a problem then. ?

correct normally fixed on with no screws or plastic ones thats how you can normally tell theres a secondary seal/cover

if that makes sense

https://www.User PlumbersForums.net...legally-work-on-a-gas-appliance-factsheet.pdf

You can see the water on the top of the AAV in the posted photos.

Jazzy - tighten down the little cap on to stop the water leaking out, dry it out with a cloth to check it has stopped & then do yourself a favour & call a Vaillant boiler guy.

correct normally fixed on with no screws or plastic ones thats how you can normally tell theres a secondary seal/cover

if that makes sense

https://www.User PlumbersForums.net...legally-work-on-a-gas-appliance-factsheet.pdf
I see the theory, but I would not want to giving advice, unless I knew there was a level of proven competence. If you're happy to, then fine you've certainly helped me out a few times and im sure the advice you give would be sound, my only concern would be the ambiguity it signals for any other op's.

Reply to Leak from Vaillant TurboMax Plus 837E pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock