Search the forum,

Discuss Large drill bits in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex Beckett

Gas Engineer
Hi all,

Am in need of new drill bits for 22mm pipe, will get a 28mm for sleeved 22mm but what do you guys use for the non sleeved 22mm pipe just a standard 22mm or 24mm bit etc....?

cheers.

Ay? Sleeve 22 with 28, 28 with 35........ So after 28mm its core drills tct or diamond

I have a 25mm SDS Max bit for 22mm pipe. 28mm for sleeved 22mm. 32mm bit with a wiggle gets 32mm pipe through (obviously) which can sleeve 28mm as long as you use push-fit plastic waste. If I want to sleev in 35mm copper then it's the core drill..

I always go 10mm over so 25mm for 15mm and 32mm for 22mm that way. If you do need to sleeve it then you know you've got enough room and also if your hole is slightly out (which is never the case with any of us in here) then you can sometimes get away with it as you have more room to manoeuvre. Anything bigger then it's core drill time personally

I SDS max drill it right upto 40mm. Just use the next size up of pipe I'm using or waste pipe as the sleeve.

I use Makita Y cutters, shred 12" granite blocks in 5 minutes! :66:

I SDS max drill it right upto 40mm. Just use the next size up of pipe I'm using or waste pipe as the sleeve.

I use Makita Y cutters, shred 12" granite blocks in 5 minutes! :66:

So how come you don't have a link to this makita z cutters?

Ahh I see. I think I've seen them on a big hilti breaker i
hired out once

Errrhhh, so you actually want me to spend ÂŁ1,000 on that beast? Ok, ÂŁ500 as they say you get 45% discount?

Blimey that drill is a beast. Do you actually use it that much over a normal sds?

So how come you don't have a link to this makita z cutters?

[DLMURL]https://www.speedyservices.com/c0202336-s-makita-standard-sds-max-drill-bit-40mm-x-570mm[/DLMURL]

That picture doesn't do it justice, I will take a pic the morn in daylight so you get an idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
Blimey that drill is a beast. Do you actually use it that much over a normal sds?

I use it for bigger holes and on hard stuff. There is a lot of granite where I live. My normal sds I use upto about 20mm in block.

It can also be used as a chisel for demolition etc. Expensive but its not failed me yet!

I always go 10mm over so 25mm for 15mm and 32mm for 22mm that way. If you do need to sleeve it then you know you've got enough room and also if your hole is slightly out (which is never the case with any of us in here) then you can sometimes get away with it as you have more room to manoeuvre. Anything bigger then it's core drill time personally

why not just take the whole brick out?

bit sloppy for me i would rather drill a tight hole!
yes.gif

What length bits do you guys use? its not the diameter i find the problem with its the length of the bit. Im looking at buying 3 new bits for each size pipe but not sure if i should go with a 450 or 600? any suggestions?

Few options , diamond core drill , sds plus ( standard sds fitting) use a masonary drill bit which may go up to 30mm or purchase a drill that uses sds max which means you can use a masonary drill bit 35mm perfect for sleevehttp://www.tradetoolshop.com/irwin-speedhammer-max-drill-bit-35-x-250-370mm.html?utm_source=google_shopping&gclid=CP7Mr-mw5sICFczMtAodggkACw

Can get different lengths aswell,

length will depend on where you work not much thicker than 450 round here so thats what i have got one 600 12 mm bit that can go in if i run out of depth then drill from other side

I carry 12, 18 and 25mm sds bits then anything bigger use core drill.

length will depend on where you work not much thicker than 450 round here so thats what i have got one 600 12 mm bit that can go in if i run out of depth then drill from other side

exactly my point mate and the reason i wanted to see what other people use. I was going to go for the 600's to save me from drilling from the other side. its only going to be for domestic really so maybe the 450 will be enough. cheers

the only issue I have with 450mm is if there's something in frount of where im drilling like pipes or its in an arkward cubard and I cant get the drill fully in but I guess you can face the same with 600mm or 1000mm if there two long

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Large drill bits in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock