Search the forum,

Discuss landlord in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vectra65

installed boiler 7 days ago he is refusing to pay for boiler and work done what do i do thanks

perhaps provide a liiiiiiiiiiitle bit more info on the circumstances. i.e. if he won't pay because the boiler is upside down or if he won't pay because he is dr evil.

did he agree to the works beforehand? or did he give a general do what needs doing sort of thing.

This could be tricky one. Did you get him to waive his 7 day cooling off period? Nowadays we have to provide a written contract, otherwise they can legally challenge you and refuse to pay. Personally I would turn up at his home/place of work and confront him as to why he refuses to pay.

well, did you do anything wrong?, did you give him a written quote and get him to sign it?, have you got any proof?, do you know the reason for him not paying?

There are people i.e debt collectors on uk business forum whom might be able to help you bud.

perhaps provide a liiiiiiiiiiitle bit more info on the circumstances. i.e. if he won't pay because the boiler is upside down or if he won't pay because he is dr evil.

Yes i agree, more info required. You must of asked him why he wont pay you. What was his reply ?

cement in the mains stopcock then a few mates round to his generally works while your other mates are ripping the orignal install out

couple of hawfers through the windae and yer laughin lol

translate that into english means couple of half bricks through the window

but seriously, this isnt happened to me yet but seems to happen alot to the person i'm subbing for, i have something in place to send a letter from a debt collectors agency and if they then refuse that i can get them in to get the money but then it starts costing money and legal fees and would need to make sure your going to win

knownd fitted it n him a while he is a landlord the house is tenanted old boiler was broke he was at house when i gave him price to do work fool to my self i got boiler and fitted it he said he would be over next day to pay when he did nor arrive i phoned him he did not answer and when he did he said he carnt pay he as gone bust then later on he says is car broke and he needs to pay for that and then he says he could have got boiler cheaper and after that he says is buisness partner as spent all money can i enter this house and get my boiler back thanks

can i go into this tenanted house and get boiler back i am a sole trader carnt afford to lose money i dont want to go in they have young kids but how do i go about sorting this

ooo cool , i used to cover that are where , spill name and shame. edlington ?

If it's fitted, no you can't as that's classed as criminal damage.

i know what i would do, materials are my property until payed for in full, i would go in start dismantling by that time tennant will be on phone to landlord kicking up a fuss and just stand your ground

orignally thurnska as its said then upto goalie (goldthorpe) now out in the sticks

hope you get it sorted mate if someone pulled that on me i would go bust or jailed lol, cant afford that to happen will have to get contracts signed on big jobs before any work has begun

Last edited:
dont no what else to do mate do i go the legal way or the illegal way i no a few people but it wont stop just by them taking boiler prob burn house down

why don't you text him that one way or the other this will be resolved with you getting your money or your property back and that you will consider installment payments providing he sends you the first immediately. worth a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to landlord in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock