Search the forum,

Discuss Landlord safety certs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

markadams

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi,

I only normally work on boilers (repairs, installs and servicing) so I only have the boilers appliance on my card.

I have recently been asked to do a couple of landlord safety cert where the landlord owns the gas fire and gas cooker.

I have been told that I can do a visual only inspection and specify this on the form. Is this allowed and am I allowed to still do this. The boiler would be fully checked.

Hi,

I only normally work on boilers (repairs, installs and servicing) so I only have the boilers appliance on my card.

I have recently been asked to do a couple of landlord safety cert where the landlord owns the gas fire and gas cooker.

I have been told that I can do a visual only inspection and specify this on the form. Is this allowed and am I allowed to still do this. The boiler would be fully checked.

Nuh man do your 26'9 checks, your covered then.

Bare minimum do a spillage test & do inlet pressure on the fires

I usually do burner pressure on the cookers & check fsds

I literally just re did my acs & the assessor told me your okay to do safety checks on appliances not on your card (CF gas fires in my case) how true that is I dont know..

Last edited:
I disagree. how can you remove the fire to check catchment space and smoke bomb.without having a fire ticket?

26'9 where a person performs work on an appliance he shall immediately examine

a) The effectiveness of the flue

Bare minimum that can be done with a match, it's not the best way, it's not the way I do it. But a **** ton of engineer's do it that way, hello £40-00 llc

Nuh man do your 26'9 checks, your covered then.

Bare minimum do a spillage test & do inlet pressure on the fires

I usually do burner pressure on the cookers & check fsds

I literally just re did my acs & the assessor told me your okay to do safety checks on appliances not on your card (CF gas fires in my case) how true that is I dont know..
So if you can do checks on appliances not on your card, why is a card necessary at all?

The window cleaner could do visuals and sign a LL certificate then.

Hi,

What do you think?

Definite no no, how can you certificate that it's all correct when your not qualified to fully access these or else as previously said , why pass the module. At the end of the day , you are putting your name in the firing line should anything go wrong and would be hung out to dry if anything fails at a later date.

working and testing out of scope!

i have only just done my gas fires this year and previously got someone in to do fire or walk away imo

Not sure what the exact legal obligation is but in my opinion the chimney for the tenants fire is the Landlords and needs to be checked. To do this the fire may have to be removed so you would defo need your fires.

You cannot check the effectiveness of a flue/chimney without checking it is clear in my opinion.

I suppose you could state fire not removed to inspect chimney!

Was bit curious so had quick look on HSE- Duties of Landlords.

What needs to be maintained?
Any gas appliance or flue installed in premises. Where a building has a communal flue for multiple dwellings, the landlord must ensure that the flue is maintained by a Gas Safe registered engineer.

So does this mean a proper inspection of chimney & catchment area at minimum is required?

Was bit curious so had quick look on HSE- Duties of Landlords.

What needs to be maintained?
Any gas appliance or flue installed in premises. Where a building has a communal flue for multiple dwellings, the landlord must ensure that the flue is maintained by a Gas Safe registered engineer.

So does this mean a proper inspection of chimney & catchment area at minimum is required?

Yes because what happens if someone has co poisoning via an appliance who they going to look at (just had a check done and nothing was found)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Landlord safety certs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock