Search the forum,

Discuss Lagging cutter. New invention in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Chalked ...Will make a neat job I've seen some of your install pictures so will be the bees knees......how much out of curiosity if you don't mind me asking.....regards Turnpin:)

seen and already got one very good needs some mods tho

What size does it take ? Think the clamping method needs looking at could take some time to make joints, Think I will wait for the Mk2 model !

What size does it take ? Think the clamping method needs looking at could take some time to make joints, Think I will wait for the Mk2 model !

15x19mm all the way upto 28mm thick

It is actually ok. Watched it in person. Definitely would take a bit of practice to get used to though. The clamp doesn’t have to be tight. It is more about the blade being sharp so you get a clean cut. The clamp is just a guide to run the blade down

It looks good, hopefully as easy to use as the video.
The guys on site just use a bread knife

Bread knife lubricated with water! Remember, the grey (polyethelene) is easier to cut than the black (nitrile). Never zip tie as you seriously reduce effectiveness if its compressed. Clip or tape the grey, glue the black....

Leaves a very neat professional job I'm quite impressed. It comes with a toothless saw which will probably get lost in the van but it makes a brilliant looking cut.

Leaves a very neat professional job I'm quite impressed. It comes with a toothless saw which will probably get lost in the van but it makes a brilliant looking cut.

The saws an extra

I just ordered the jig. Couldn't justify the cost of the saw. May well buy at a later date if required. Did any1 see the siphon sucker the same bloke designed?

I did wasn't impressed esp at the price under a tenner would of given it a punt

And in my opinion I don't like the saw it's too big I would recommend a knife

I've already modified it :D

Top pic is 28x9mm
Bottom is 22x9mm

IMG_3571.JPG

IMG_3572.JPG

If people would like a review will sort something out

Fyi the saw is rubbish

I use a company for some pipework that we do but thats for refrigeration. Heating pipework should be the same imho but generally not

Mine came today. Thought the saw was good.
Works well , but could be made to adjust easier.

Ordered the same! Yet to try, but have a cylinder cup just finished so lagging that in 13mm.

I guess you could just cut the lugs down slightly that the bolts go through.

I bought the syphon sucker aswell so well see!

Mine came today. Thought the saw was good.
Works well , but could be made to adjust easier.

Find it too big (the saw)

Ordered the same! Yet to try, but have a cylinder cup just finished so lagging that in 13mm.

I guess you could just cut the lugs down slightly that the bolts go through.

I bought the syphon sucker aswell so well see!

:D that's what I did too both of the raised internal nubs off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Lagging cutter. New invention in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock