Search the forum,

Discuss Kudox Radiators in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kane

I am looking to replace my radiators and settled on Kudox premium from Screwfix. My plumber has now offered to use his discount at B&Q. B&Q stock Kudox but I am not sure if I am comparing like with like. Radiators are a similar price but Screwfix describe the range as "Kudox Premium" with a 15 year manufactures guarantee, B&Q don't describe theirs as premium and mention a 1 year guarantee. This would suggest that B&Q are selling a budget (or more budget) range but if you look at the Kudox website they only list the one model and don't mention a "premium range". Does anyone know if the radiators are the same or should I go with the premium range at screwfix. Thanks.

i dont like them kudox rads they look cheap imo!

i get far better quality from my local merchant and cheaper too.
top of my head i think biasi are better with 10 yr wnty . however bnq skunk fix are the same company

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the replies. Looked at Myson but they are about 150% more expensive than the Kudox premium. The reviews on the screwfix site are generally positive. Has anyone actually fitted these.

Thanks for the replies. Looked at Myson but they are about 150% more expensive than the Kudox premium. The reviews on the screwfix site are generally positive. Has anyone actually fitted these.

It will be the same basic radiator. A number of manufacturers make the same rad, and then slap a different grille and panel on it, change the packaging, warranty and marketing, and bobs-yer-uncle. Stelrad have loads of brands and sub brands, all on the same handful of basic design.

It will be alright. Not great, but alright. Your problem is more likely to occur if a rad has some cosmetic damage on delivery - it would be easier to sort that out with a local supplier, but other than that, there isn't much in it. Within reason, a rad is a rad, and the differences - whilst they matter to the lads who are doing this all day long - would largely be lost on a single job.

Kane, I don't think you're getting the point.

We don't fit kudox, because they're rubbish, and to us, they're expensive. Radiators are one of the few items we can still get much cheaper than joe public and the internet warriors. So we buy good rads, cheaper than your cheap rads.

Tip: Let the plumber buy the rads from his merchant. You'll get a better product, and he might make a small markup. End result, you'll still pay less for your rads.

Kudox look tat & are tat. I wouldn't accept the words of screwfix reviews as most of the comments will be from customers who are DIY or 'buy anything cheap, get someone to fit it cheap' people.
They are very lightweight & with very feeble top & side panels. It's like trying to compare a Porsche to a Robin Reliant.
Kudox rads will heat your rooms but not what I would even consider buying. I am just at the moment helping a lady get her newly renovated house finished. All the plumbing work is DIY including the materials & the rads are, surprise surprise, Kudox. I hate the look of them.
I like Myson round top & they are not that expensive to the trade. Over a whole heating job, unless it is a massive place, you will save very little money & ruin the job with Kudox rads IMO

I should also mention there will be 2 brand new Kudox rads (one is a large double) surplus on the job I am on because of redesign & 1 towel rail idea & I won't even take them if I am offered them free!

I like the plumb center center rads. Grilles on no problem, grilles off and upside down and its a nice roundtop. The cheap rads look shi, cheap. Spot welds showing etc etc.

I like the rads from Williams.

Let your plumber source them, then its no headaches for you.

I love those old Potterton Radiators myself nice round top, I go to a few houses I installed back in the 1960/70 and they are still going, what's all this tosh about
10 years warranty, some of those rads are 50 years old, like Ray says a rads a rads a rads, what the hell as long as you lads get the cheque cleared are down the road
what you worried about, let the lad fit what the hell he wants, they all see me out and maybe you lot too! :sorcerer: Merry Christmas only a few shopping days to go, Bah Humbug!

Old Baldy Git!

You lads will be fitting designer rads next what's the World coming to, we are plumbers not dressmakers!

Are we all going to end up as grumpy as you. ( I'm already going bald )

I certainly hope so!!

Love it Oz, I have seen it all come and go plumbing fashions and I don't like any of it now, it's gone downhill, I loved my trade
but glad I am not in it with sleeves rolled up any more, all depend when you were born as to what you call plumbing, push fit sends me cold,
a decorator can do it and a dressmaker.

And yes I do hope you get as grumpy as me, you can look back and say, Happy Baldy Old Git was right.

Happy plumbing Oz:party:

Where does 'happy' fit in with your description of yourself?

I would hope that when people look back and say things about me they would use the phrase -

'Miserable Baldy Old Git'

By the way, my nick name is 'Happy'

Does that tell you something?

And as for the term 'Happy Plumbing' .......well....

Last edited:
Thanks for all the replies, didn't mean to kick off the whole plumber/dressmaker debate. As is probably obvious I am not "trade" and was just looking for some advice to get the best value for money, I am carrying out multiple rennovations not just replacing the radiators so cash is an issue. As this is the first time I have had to replace radiators I wasn't sure what to look for and replies of a "rad is a rad" immediately followed by "wouldn't fit Kudox in a skip" hasn't cleared things up much. However I took the suggestion on board to check out Stelrad Softlines, Plumb Centres website works out at £619.27 but Direct Heating Supplies works out at £308.35 on a like for like basis. I am aware that trade would not pay these prices at Plumb centre but at 50% cheaper would a trade discount be able to match Direct Heating Supplies. Also if anyone can recommend a good TRV twin pack and pair of lockshields (preferably 8mm) I would be obliged.

Kane,

There are no bad radiators, if there was and they leaked or the failure rate was high, they wouldn't sell any, it's just these guys preference, some people just don't like change and they go what they have always
fitted, you fit whatever you want, for God sakes don't ask what the best boiler is or we will be off again on another merry go round, BTW just get the WH and LS from the same place you get the rads, we had chapter
and verse on radiator valves last week, we have 55 post on the merit of which rad valves are best, please not again. a rad valves a rad valve.

Happy Baldy Old Git

Good luck with your job Kane are you Able !!!! :wazzzup:

Kane, that Happyflyer must be a tight happy baldy old git! :grin:
There are TRVs that are better than others, - same as rads. Myson TRVs are best avoided. Lockshield rad valves are usually okay if cheap, but don't buy very very cheap lockshields as they might leak slightly at packing nut & sealed heating pressure drops. The push on heads get lost easy & you are better with heads with a screw to hold them.

See Kane I told you so, I knew we wouldn't hear the last of rad valves and Best is one of the good ones on here.... Best, I just believe in live and let live, Kane will have system installed and filled up by the time we are done discussing the merits of good and bad kit and gone through one heating season, Kane please fit a Magna-clean Boooooom :32: don't ask which one please!

Again in my naive state I thought that there must be a difference between a TRV twinset at £5 and one at £40 but maybe not. I was hoping for the accumulated knowledge on here to point me in the direction of a best buy but I think ill just stick a pin. I'm now off to find out what the hell a Magna-clean is.

One last thing, Kane, I promise! :smile: Just make sure you get quality workmanship. That's most important.

Again in my naive state I thought that there must be a difference between a TRV twinset at £5 and one at £40 but maybe not. I was hoping for the accumulated knowledge on here to point me in the direction of a best buy but I think ill just stick a pin. I'm now off to find out what the hell a Magna-clean is.

T'internet Kane let your fingers do the walking

One last thing, Kane, I promise! :smile: Just make sure you get quality workmanship. That's most important.

Best, now where the hell is he going to get that at bargain basement prices, only a rough old job, end up here in the hall of shame, pushfit to boot

Thanks for all the replies, didn't mean to kick off the whole plumber/dressmaker debate. As is probably obvious I am not "trade" and was just looking for some advice to get the best value for money, I am carrying out multiple rennovations not just replacing the radiators so cash is an issue. As this is the first time I have had to replace radiators I wasn't sure what to look for and replies of a "rad is a rad" immediately followed by "wouldn't fit Kudox in a skip" hasn't cleared things up much. However I took the suggestion on board to check out Stelrad Softlines, Plumb Centres website works out at £619.27 but Direct Heating Supplies works out at £308.35 on a like for like basis. I am aware that trade would not pay these prices at Plumb centre but at 50% cheaper would a trade discount be able to match Direct Heating Supplies. Also if anyone can recommend a good TRV twin pack and pair of lockshields (preferably 8mm) I would be obliged.
I think a plumber with decent terms will pay around 60% less than plumb centres advertised prices on radiators.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Kudox Radiators in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock