Search the forum,

Discuss Kitchen waste pipe snapped in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

Hi, I'm after some advice re kitchen waste pipe.

I was removing the current floor and the waste snapped where it's welded to the pipe that goes into the ground. The 40mm pipe snapped at the volar of the 55mm (ish) pipe so there is nothing to attach to.

Is there any way to get around this?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi, I'm after some advice re kitchen waste pipe.

I was removing the current floor and the waste snapped where it's welded to the pipe that goes into the ground. The 40mm pipe snapped at the volar of the 55mm (ish) pipe so there is nothing to attach to.

Is there any way to get around this?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Real sorry guest, you need to register a user name to ensure you receive the answers or it can get complicated not having a name people can reply to ie imagine 20 guests with no names.

Just registered, I am the original guest poster.

Nice one and welcome to the forum Gazmanw, personally I`d rather dig up a little bit of the floor and replace like for like, find those couplings a little bit diy-ish.

As above i'd dig the floor up till I could get enough pipe for a solvent weld fitting, much better fitting and a lot less chance of leaks In the future

I've uncovered more. It looks like it leads to a pipe about 125mm which reduces to the 55mm then to the 40mm. It feels like the 125mm "lid" is loose but I don't want to damage it even more!! Do these bits normally pull apart? Sorry for being so vague!

I've uncovered more. It looks like it leads to a pipe about 125mm which reduces to the 55mm then to the 40mm. It feels like the 125mm "lid" is loose but I don't want to damage it even more!! Do these bits normally pull apart? Sorry for being so vague!

Your doing fine but yeah a bit vague. See if you can add a photo or two to help the guys see.

image.jpg
image.jpg

It's snapped in a 50 to 40mm reducer.

The "Lid" is most likely push fit.
You'll be able to pull it out and replace it and the reducer and cut back and join the waste pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Kitchen waste pipe snapped in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone I hope you can help. We were getting some work done and our builder attached the boiler condensate pipe to the sink waste pipe. This was all then covered with dot and dab. Shown in the picture, red arrow. So the only thing visible now is a round pipe from the wall. We are yet to fit...
Replies
Views
    • Useful
My parents have a leak from kitchen sink. My dad removed waste trap and since refitted it leaks, but there wasn’t any kind of seal on it, I got a rubber/plastic gasket that seems To fit the trap but with it, I can’t get it to screw and lock back on (has lugs so locks after quarter turn. But...
Replies
Views
Hi, a couple simple questions. 1. I have two pipes like seen on a attached photo in my back yard. One is for the waste from kitchen, the other one is for the waste from toilet/bathroom. Obviously rodents can easily get into them pipes.. is the any ways to prevent that? 2. And a second question...
Replies
Views
Hello all! I'm a first time DIY-er and I am taking out a new build crappy vanity unit to replace with a wooden vanity with countertop basin. I'm at the demolition stage! I've managed to remove the old vanity and I've got a waste pipe in front of me going straight into the ground. I always...
Replies
Views
J
Hi All, I'm plumbing in a washing machine into our new house and rather than a normal waste pipe this house just has a hole in the ground. It looks as if the hole used to be a 40mm pipe but it has been sawn off at ground level such that the top of the pipe is flush with the floor tiles. This...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock