Search the forum,

Discuss Kitchen taps disconnected can't stop water dripping from pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to change a kitchen tap so have turned off the main stopcock & hot water supply in the airing cupboard but when I disconnect the flexible pipes water continues to trickle out of both copper pipes. I've waited a few minutes to see if it will stop but it carries on so I'm stuck and can't change the taps over as there's too much water.

Easiest way would be to fit a compression iso valve on hot and cold then you have local isolation

Can you try and turn the stopcock a little bit more? Failing that old valves don`t always completely isolate the water so you may have to use towels or a bucket whilst you work at double quick time to change the tap.

Or as said above, fit iso valves and work at normal speed. lol

Oh, and welcome to the forum.

Last edited:
Many thanks guys
what makes it odd is I don't get any water from the taps only from the pipe work when disconnected. Can somebody please tell me if you have to give the tails of a new tap a really good tighten with a spanner so they don't leak

You`ve popped up as a guest now, go back and tick the little box under your user name "Remember me".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Kitchen taps disconnected can't stop water dripping from pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock