Search the forum,

Discuss Kitchen tap leaver coming loose in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
Hopefully this will be an easy one, my kitchen tap's cold lever handle is coming loose / moving along.
I can't figure out how to tighten it back to where it was, or how to "open / remove" it to see what needs tightening. I can't feel any sort of screw on the outside casing (unless I'm missing something), so i'd imagine I'd need to access something by maybe removing a part to secure it back in place?
I honestly have no idea so am just guessing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks

Its the cold on the right in the pic below:
Imgur

There's a cover in the end of the handle (normally where the c or h is) this normally unscrews and you will see the screw for the handle there

Gives a whole new meaning to "thanks in anticipation".
Oh I'm sorry I didn't mean to sound like that.
@ShaunCorbs I really meant thank you with my "brilliant", sorry.
I knew I couldn't check immediately but wanted to reply as you were kind enough to respond.
I really didn't mean to offend anybody.

:D no worries and we're all busy so it's understandable we can't do things straight away etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Kitchen tap leaver coming loose in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I have a leak on my kitchen tap it is coming out off the bottom of the cold lever. How do I get the lever off? Also would this tap have a cartridge in the cold & hot or will it be just tap has had it & I need to get a new one?
Replies
Views
I need to replace the washer of my kitchen mixer tap as it is leaking. I was able to remove the spout once by unscrewing the screw on the back of the tap. However now I can't remove it again as it seems I must have used the wrong screw head and have rounded off the head. Please see attached...
Replies
Views
I have a kitchen mixer tap with quarter turn levers and the cold side started dripping. I took out the ceramic valve and replaced it with one from Screwfix but it hasn’t solved the problem it still drips. Could it be a dodgy valve or is it something else? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi, My Blanco Kitchen Tap Model Swift BM1420 is leaking. Please see attached photos for details of where water leaks from. What I've done so far. I replaced the cartridge. Leak persisted. Bought some replacement seals and tried to put in place of the old ones. Here's what I did next. Remove...
Replies
Views
I’ve cleaned the grooves and tightened the grub screw at the bottom, but this tap handle (on the right of the photo) just won’t stay put. When turning the water off it either drops back or comes off. I suspect the problem may be with the screw, which doesn’t seem to move much. How might I get...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock