Search the forum,

Discuss Kitchen sink plumbing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cooper645

Hi all, hope you are all well.

I would like to say that I have stumbled across this forum and feel it is a good place to start as googling didn't really help me out.

Let me first say I am not a plumber but feel that my needs here only require a plumbers advice. But I will leave that for yourselves to decide.

I am looking to sort out the previous occupants, what I call....shoddy..... Workmanship.

Here is a picture to help my case. I would like to replace the under kitchen sink pipes as I feel the job should be done and look better.

6549d7c0203897efa2ee9b99dc3d2ea5.jpg

I would like to know what the plumbing community has to offer in the way of advice to sort this horrid mess out.

I look forward to your responses.

Kind regards,
Terry

Hi there cooper. You have 2 choices to fix this issue as outlet is too high and the flexi is acting as a huge trap. So. U either remove the pipework connecting the two bowls and use two seperate traps this will raise up higher than outlet or drop the outlet pipe but do away with the flexi as eyesore. Welcome to the forum cooper.

Soz should've said use. 2 p traps (40mm) one under each bowl and connect them together with a 40mm tee then into existing outlet. The 2 p traps will screw straight onto each bowl. Do away with all that is there. Kris

your best option is to do as stated above and use two p traps a 40mm tee and go out the same hole, if you don't feel confident to do so ring your local plumber shouldn't take more than an hour or two to sort this out

Thank you for the advice. Sounds like a plan. What about the small overflow pipe (black one)

The grating that it attaches to will remain but cut a piece off it so that water won't lie in it.

All your black fittings will remain its the white fittings u will be renewing. The black pipe is just an overflow and only needs to be shortened in length as water lies in it at the moment and can start to smell if not shortened.

Ok. Thank you for all your help. I aim to sort it next weekend. I'll post up the new install

Ok. Thank you for all your help. I aim to sort it next weekend. I'll post up the new install

OK mate. Tidy all the way. Like plumben says mcalpine traps are best. BnQ n screwfix aren't great build quality hence price difference.

Ok, got it sorted. Happy with the result, a lot tidier and the old pipes were completely gunked up.

Ended up replacing the actual sink drain to be able to get the pipe work up higher.

Then a p-trap on each sink into a t piece, all mcalpine.

Then had to pop to screwfix to get a 0-90 degree multi angle piece to be able to get down to the outlet pipe.

fd3ca2974a288cddaec9c5856ca8d60c.jpg
a99cdc3eccde118186185ebbc0654678.jpg

Thank you for all your help and advice.

Terry

Next time it gets gunked up I think I will go with this type of arrangement. Hind sight is always 20-20 so they say

Top right option

34910e8b3eac2e7a44096cb5e908757b.jpg

Yeh looks miles better youl just have to watch as the tee will work but designed for one way flow. And the diagram you have for hindsight that was the way it was previously but it dropped too low was it? Well done looks miles better.

It's great to see the before photos and after, most people take our advice and you never hear from them again so thanks for taking the time to repost your results....oh and we all love plumbing photos.

Well done.

It was but was too low for the outlet.

Welcome, I like before and after photos, reassures you that what you did was worth the effort. Now have a gaping hole in the shelf though. Oh well, that's an easy fix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Kitchen sink plumbing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Useful
My parents have a leak from kitchen sink. My dad removed waste trap and since refitted it leaks, but there wasn’t any kind of seal on it, I got a rubber/plastic gasket that seems To fit the trap but with it, I can’t get it to screw and lock back on (has lugs so locks after quarter turn. But...
Replies
Views
B
Hello I’m not going to explain this very well but I will try my best. I’m planning on installing a kitchen sick by myself with no plumbing experience. I will be going from a double sink to a single basin. The part im having trouble figuring out is how to put the pipes back together with the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi I have a little problem or a question if all you experienced people can put me straight please? I am just a bit surprised - I had a call out for a plumbing job - in London - the flat is rented out. The kitchen sink was blocked. I called out one company, they did not fix it, and that was £95...
Replies
Views
Hello all! I'm a first time DIY-er and I am taking out a new build crappy vanity unit to replace with a wooden vanity with countertop basin. I'm at the demolition stage! I've managed to remove the old vanity and I've got a waste pipe in front of me going straight into the ground. I always...
Replies
Views
Hello. I am planning to build a small half bath in my garage, next to a washing machine, using old showers plumbing. There was a stand-alone shower in the garage which has been removed. Unfortunately the pipes are only 1.5" on that side of the house since there's no bathroom and the house is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock