Search the forum,

Discuss Kitchen radiator piped up on 1/2" flexi's ! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren Jackson

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Went to a new customers house yesterday to service there boiler. 6 month ago they had the kitchen remodelled and the existing radiator changed to a double. The kitchen guys hung the new rad and put 2 15mm x 1/2" flexi's on it telling them it's how you do it nowadays & makes it easy to lift off and lay it down flat for decorating purposes. Just when you thought you'd heard it all. What a joke!

seen it too many times now to be funny

Kitchen fitters are probably the worst regular plumbing bodgers.
A lot of the public are so stupid that they allow these idiots to do the plumbing.

I saw a towel rail in a bathroom hung on a cupboard door on 1m long flexi's drilled through the connect to pipework inside the cupboard. So you could still open the door with the towel rail on it. Genius and awful at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Kitchen radiator piped up on 1/2" flexi's ! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

First of all, apologies, it seems this topic has been posted but don't believe my specific issue is covered. So been living in my Victorian house for almost 10 years, no issues. Have 2 bathrooms, 2 loos that all go to a large underground soakaway, I believe. I can only see one soil vent pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just a query about what size in KW gas combi boiler do I need for a top floor flat (3rd floor). I have a Vokera Easi heat plus (20kW) gas combi boiler and it does the job, the radiators never go as hot as the should for example there are ten dots on the heat dial but the radiators...
Replies
Views
Hi, We're in the process of a kitchen extension - old kitchen was a smaller extension which was demolished and building a new one. Trying to work out what's going on with the heating so we can add two new radiators, bigger one in new kitchen and a smaller one in utility and toilet. We're got a...
Replies
Views
Evening guys, Just wanted to pick some brains about an issue i'm currently having with a vertical rad on a 1 pipe heating system. Kitchen that has been converted into an open plan kitchen diner. We've taken out a large double rad and installed 2 single verticals in different locations. One rad...
Replies
Views
I'm installing a new kitchen tap and the existing pipe connection (photo attached) doesn't seem like it will accommodate a flexi pipe connection (photo attached). I haven't taken it off yet but it looks like a female connection on the copper pipe. So I guess something needs to be added to...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock