1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

Dismiss Notice

Couple of important things to note. 1. We use Cookies, deal with it. Every website does. 2. Nobody but a currently-registered Gas Engineer should be touching gas or gas appliances. Don't mess with gas at all. 

Discuss Kitchen mixer tap - how to expose headgear nut? in the Valves & Taps area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

Tags:
  1. Kubla Khan

Kubla Khan New Member

Hi everyone.
    Hoping someone might be able to help me out with a quick query.

I've got a dripping kitchen mixer tap - which drips only when the hot water is switched on.

I'm presuming it just needs a new washer, but I'm unable to access the headgear nut. I've removed the cap from the tap, but I'm then presented with what's in the pictures below. The tap itself feels like it is still fixed on with a (loose-ish) screw.

Can anyone help me out with advice on how to remove this tap? Thanks in advance. IMG_20160830_222854.jpg
    IMG_20160830_222839.jpg
    IMG_20160830_222847.jpg
    IMG_20160830_222832.jpg

2. Chalked

Chalked Plumber GSR

Looks like a bit of brute force needed. It will come off .

3. Kubla Khan

Kubla Khan New Member

You think just lever it off?

4. Chalked

Chalked Plumber GSR

5. Kubla Khan

Kubla Khan New Member

Will give it a crack in the morning :)

6. Kubla Khan

Kubla Khan New Member

Sorted. :) Didn't feel like it was going to shift, but then it did. Cheers!