Search the forum,

Discuss kinked, crimped and coiled 8mm pipework in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ps I'm only replacing the odd board. I'm not a fan of the chip sheets. Horrible stuff

Attachments

• 20160120_213752.jpg
    20160120_213752.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 80
What size auger would you guys recommend. I've set aside a 16mm stubby but not sure it'll do the trick. I'm essentially drilling a double joist below a wall (which is why I can't notch). The plastic 15mm will run the length of one joist before being bent at 90 degrees to go into the hole into the adjacent room. The bend will be formed over the width of the joists so shouldn't crimp.

I've also got a brand new set of flat wood hole cutters. Would these not be suitable or is the auger a must

Auger and 20-25mm would be fine for 15mm

16mm would be OK as well but a bit tight but ok

If you guys were running 15mm plastic down a 3 metre joist, how often would you pin it.... I ask as the lengths can be secured at both ends leaving it suspended against the joist I'd rather not cut out more boards than is necessary.

Every 12 inches but under floor every 24 inches would be fine

I am thinking it is supposed to be clipped every 300mm. Good luck with that.
Copper for me, so only need to support it or clip it every 1.2 or 2 metres.

I am thinking it is supposed to be clipped every 300mm. Good luck with that.
Copper for me, so only need to support it or clip it every 1.2 or 2 metres.

Every 600mm for me looks better (copper)

From the MI's :

Recommended Clip Spacing:
For surface mounted pipes.

Pipe Diameter / Clip Spacing: Horizontal Run / Vertical Run
Dia: 10 - 15mm H: 300mm V: 500mm
Dia: 22mm H: 500mm V: 800mm
Dia: 28mm H: 800mm V: 1,000mm

Hers the final run for one of the rads, it proved very difficult to get in and secure the clips whilst lifting minimal boards. Not a perfect job by any stretch but having entered the joist cavity through centrally placed holes, I had to hit one side before rebounding back ready to hit the exit holes... Ocd sufferers turn away now
20160129_173837.jpg

What's the general consensus for a pipe entering a joist cavity through a hole and the rad pipe being on the same joist. Would you bend the jg pipe to the other joist and back towards where the 90 will go up through the floor, or would you put a 90 as it exits the hole, run the pipe along that joist to another 90, and then up to the rad. I'm thinking the first option, clipped on both joists as it'll be less joints... Although look atad messy

Another update if anyone's interested :) a lot neater job this time although seemingly unavoidable spaghetti junction at the end of the joists.
20160216_202758.jpg20160216_202846.jpg

Much better but need to get your end bits sorted now

Cheers Shaun. Just fitting the rads now. Planning on pulling the one pipe that is overlapping at the end, the rest aren't touching so should be good... Or will I be OK leaving that overlapping pipe

Cheers Shaun. Just fitting the rads now. Planning on pulling the one pipe that is overlapping at the end, the rest aren't touching so should be good... Or will I be OK leaving that overlapping pipe

Really you don't want them touching even if you put 2 pieces of lagging on each pipe if they still are would be better than nothing

What's the copper 10mm for ?

That's the original 8mm which I've now pulled out, that was the last piece.... Figured get the new stuff in and working before removing the old and refitting the boards. I've had to fit a straight rad valve in the en suite as still need to work out where the new towel rad will go. So figured fitting the trv will allow me to get rid of trapped air in that pipe run for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to kinked, crimped and coiled 8mm pipework in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock