Search the forum,

Discuss Killed my Kane 455 today in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

bacon_sandwich

Gas Engineer
Honestly, never experienced such a massive dump of condensate into the FGA. Could not pull the probe out fast enough and by the time i opened the drain plug i could here the pump sucking in the water.... Co2 reading is dead / ridiculous.
Anybody actually managed to dry them out successfully?

What boiler was it on ?

Just a Greenstar CDI 40KW but it had a very tall flue some 4M . I may have let the probe get too close to the inside flue wall but it was Boiler 1 of 2 so i was trying to be clever and work on No 2 whilst finishing off No1, FGA was last test on No1.
Tried it again this morning and Co2 is still reading crazy numbers. CO reading look OK, i have another FGA to compare and use my home boiler as a benchmark but this unit is reletively new and i liked it.

Youre supposed to have the boiler running for a few minutes before sticking in the pokey bit in the pokey bit recepticle. To let the boiler clear up pooled up condensate, but if the dummy installer has put in the flue horizontally, that wouldnt help. I swear they need to put in flue level sensors that beep like a reversing lorry if the flue is not at the right angle or slopes outwards.
Open the device to the smallest bits and dry with a hairdryer. I would even source the cell if its really bad. Then send it for calibration (they dont open them for this). If you send it in as it is, they will most likely tell you its got baby crocodiles inside and make you buy a new one. I was an electronics engineer before getting my gas card, and I swear manufacturers make their owners think that the insides is rainbow butterflies and unicorns, and you need to feed it magic dust to fix it. Its a rather simple device with the only proprietary thing inside being the main IC (the chip). Everything else is readily available sensor cells, resistors transistors and diodes.

might have a peek inside... FYI Flue is pure vertical, boiler hot to trot, i had to service it whilst burning my hands, then opened up all valves and let it rip, it had been going for well over 30 minutes flat out before i even got me steps to shove probe in....lol

Pulled it apart and found both sensors. Left them all day drying. will report back if it ever works again...........

Back together, well at least the readings are not now impossible but c02 reading is very sluggish, not really good enough. Spare older one picks up readings in a few seconds and stablises after about 20 refreshes, this one takes minutes to get to the reading and equally so when in fresh air coming back down to zero.
Might leave it a few more days to dry out before giving up and posting off to Kane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Killed my Kane 455 today in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock