Search the forum,

Discuss Just looking for confirmation on soil pipe situ in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Jim Goodenough

Esteemed
Plumber
I have a customer who wants a quote for refitting a 1st floor ensuite. The soil stack drops down into cloakroom beneath and they've mentioned that they sometimes see their sh!te twice :eek:!

I've exposed the soil pipe in the cloakroom and can see why....
20181015_171226.jpg

IMG-20181015-WA0002.jpg
Upstairs waste is "flying" down the stack, whizzing round the 87.5 bend, occasionally overshooting the cross-branch and showing it's ugly face in the downstairs pan :mad:!

What I'm proposing to do is fit a anti-rodent "flap" to right hand socket of the cross-branch to prevent any further crossover from upstairs wc to downstairs wc.

Any comments please?

You can buy a form of one way valve for back to back situations like this. It stops it re-appearing in that quite alarming fashion :eek::eek::eek:

Yep as the rat flap is meant for that use aswell

Reply to Just looking for confirmation on soil pipe situ in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock