Search the forum,

Discuss Just completed the ACS aligned NVQ to become gas safe.. What next? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

Over the past 3 years I have studied, completed and obtained a Level 3 NVQ in Gas Utilisation. It is ACS aligned and recognised by Gas Safe. I have now received my certificates from City & Guilds, and I have contacted Gas Safe and they too have received my information and details from City & Guilds. I am now struggling what to do next.
I have passed my ISA's for CCN1, CENWAT and CPA1 and will be looking to do HTR1 & CKR1 in the future.
I'm struggling with what happens now.
I do not have a full time job within the gas industry, neither for a company or self employed.
I am in close contact with a company who MIGHT take me on. I have worked for them for free to complete my portfolio and get relevant experience over the past year. Working on breakdowns, servicing and full installations and commisoning.
Now I am looking to obtain CKR1 & HTR1, I need to do the actual ACS exams, just like what many of you guys have done, not the ISA's I have previously done for CENWAT & CPA1 etc. Now to do this, do I need to pay and register with Gas Safe myself, or through the company, before I can do CKR1 & HTR1? Or can I just get it booked, hopefully pass, and then pay and register with Gas Safe myself or through the company? I dont know how the registration system works.
Many thanks in advance !

Andy

If you have CCN1 you are classed as category 1, so you can book and do the course whenever you want, you don't have to be gas safe registered or in any kind of employment to do the exams

If you have CCN1 you are classed as category 1, so you can book and do the course whenever you want, you don't have to be gas safe registered or in any kind of employment to do the exams

Thats great, thanks! Wasn't too sure as my previous tests were ISAs and not actual ACS. Best get revising!

Thanks mate
Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Just completed the ACS aligned NVQ to become gas safe.. What next? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock