Search the forum,

Discuss Just been good to myself in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
we all have fella , mainly due to what we can afford at the time. but you buy a bit here a bit there soon builds up

Well, I'm only starting out on my own next month but I've just been good to myself too (eek).
I've got two bathrooms booked in which will involve 4 holes through walls (one a toilet waste) and hopefully more in the future, so at that price I thought it'll be a decent investment.

I've been in engineering for 25 years and have learned that it's worth having decent tools. I've never used diamond cores - my last toilet waste was a nightmare through super hard brick chain drilling with an SDS - looking forward to seeing what the difference is like :)
nice one matt, will make jobs a lot easier

nice one matt, will make jobs a lot easier

Cheers dancin'

Looking forward to coring my first soil and seeing how it performs :)

And thanks for the heads up CES - a good price - way cheaper than anywhere else I've seen.

Last edited by a moderator:
well drilled the new flue today , new bit and 5kva trasnformer - it flew threw like theres no tomorrow

great buy ces , cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn this thread, have just odered a DDM2 and set of cores also, looking forward to trying them out.

Damn this thread, have just odered a DDM2 and set of cores also, looking forward to trying them out.

you wont be disappointed only down side to the set i got was , theres no extension bar included but i do have one so not a biggy to me, you got them from same place ?

i dont just blankets down then a nip round with the dewalt cordless

Yup ordered from the same place, seem about the best value i've seen, i may have to organise some extensions as i've only got the ones from my sds set

might have one in the shed fella ill look tomorrow its getting a clean out

i spoke to lad in shop on saturday ,they were on about putting price up lol

no it was tbh , was trying to tempt me into getting one, i came close

I've used mine a few times since I got it, it amazes me just how much of a difference a decent drill and cores make.
The only thing I need is to get a couple more extension pieces, makes light work of tenement walls (4ft thick).
It was Tamz we should be thanking for pointing me in the right direction with this!

im like the kid on christmas morning , grining ear to ear , i even text the mrs and bragged never had a good a set up as this

Yup ordered from the same place, seem about the best value i've seen, i may have to organise some extensions as i've only got the ones from my sds set
if bod carnt find his have got sum spare ones, they are 1/2" male/female bout 300mm and hollow.
pm me , will send ya one for p+p

PTS sell extension bars for about a tenner for a 250mm or 300mm whatever it is. You can keep joining them together.
Deepest hole i've cored is about 6ft (that doesn't sound right :smile:) from a pub toilet (worse :blush5: ) through at an angle to above a suspended ceiling. Just kept adding extensions. Lots of extensions puts a lot of strain on the gun tho.

Gave it a go today, am very impressed, put 162mm core through in no time. Only slight criticism is its no the most ergonomic design and would probably be a little uncomfortable to use for a prolonged period, but all in all well recommended. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Just been good to myself in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock