Search the forum,

Discuss Just been good to myself in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

CES

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
After years of making do with an old core drill and cheap cores Ive went and ordered a new machine and set of cans.

Marcrist DDM2 Diamond Core Drill 2 Speed 240 Volt

I know they have a newer one but I just fancied one of these.

you used one of the before ces ? im looking for a new one at the minute

Had a shot of one and they cut like a knife through butter.

what cans you orderd am guessing there cooling ?

ive always had the makitas

Got a set of 3 CCU850X for ÂŁ 153

Last edited:
Mates got one bit heavy though i feel and just had to go back under warrenty cos it packed up

I saw it on a previous post on here, think it was Tamz that mentioned it.

ive got them in my cart but that drill just dont look big enough , hmmmmm should i shouldnt i hmmmm

well? Did you go for it? I've been out on a job all day so wont get my hands on mine till tomorrow when I wake the neighbour up!

went to shop and picked mine up

Attachments

• IMG_0556[1].jpg
    IMG_0556[1].jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 54
drilling holes ? what you think i was going to use it for chucking at the love slave :)

I've got the cordless version TE6A 36V. Makes light work of concrete walls

what battery did you get with it ? when my 36v Bosch get pass 5 years will get that one too . pls give feed back on it !

obviously but why 6" , please dont get me wrong I have only 5" and it does more then enough opening for flues and 4" waist fittings

I have the marcrist, cracking drill. This week I had to drill through a double skin of dense block on flat and it ate it up.

are you saying that that hilti cordless will core drill 6inch through solid walls?

I wouldnt use the Hilti cordless to drill cores, its great using drills for fixings and smaller holes (e.g. Blow offs) but you would probably kill it if you use cores.
BTW Stan I've got the 36V 3.0Ah battery with it, its great, well worth the money although its a bit chunky up a height.

Well, I'm only starting out on my own next month but I've just been good to myself too (eek).
I've got two bathrooms booked in which will involve 4 holes through walls (one a toilet waste) and hopefully more in the future, so at that price I thought it'll be a decent investment.

I've been in engineering for 25 years and have learned that it's worth having decent tools. I've never used diamond cores - my last toilet waste was a nightmare through super hard brick chain drilling with an SDS - looking forward to seeing what the difference is like :)

Last edited by a moderator:
good investment fella , you buy cheap yopu buy twice as you may well know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Just been good to myself in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock