Search the forum,

Discuss just after some advise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mickmcc

hi i am a self employed tiler, and are planning to go into bathrrom fitting also, i know use lot have more than likely heard all this b4, but would some one very politely point me into the right direction into what to learn, ie what type of training would i have to do learn this, think sum1 mentioned the 6022 and 6032 sumwhere, and also is there any qualifications i need by law to go into sumones house and do this. ie corgi for gas, but is there anything for just fitting. thanks very much people.

Hey matey. my brother has been doing kithcen and bathroom fitting for 20 years now without qualification. He doesn't touch gas obviously.

Think this link will give you a good idea of where to head personal development and qualifications wise.
Kitchen and Bathroom Fitter - learndirect Careers Advice

Think the government are making some changes in the law to prevent "cowboy" tradesmen which should see a lot of changes by 2010. Perhaps someone else here who is more in the know can elaborate!

Nick

thanks for your reply mate, will look in to it, if any1 else has any info on this aswell that would be much appreaciated. thanks mick.

thanks for your reply mate, will look in to it, if any1 else has any info on this aswell that would be much appreaciated. thanks mick.

Mick,

Yep as Nick stated, the law is changing for all Plumbers, Tilers etc to get qualified up to NVQ Level 2, your best bet is to get on a City and Guilds 6129 course, this might incorporate the 6022/32 (this qualification is being superseded by the 6129....then you need to do about 3 - 12 months onsite work to get your City & Guilds 6089/NVQ2.

Hope this helps...
Smartie27

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to just after some advise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock