Search the forum,

Discuss Just a quick (hopefully) 'why' question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm one of these weird people (according to missus) who reads instruction leaflets... the ones for Drayton TRV4 valves tell us not to use half or in-between numbers. Nowhere can I find any info on WHY we shouldn't. Since the valve has halfway-mark lines on it, the average user like me - who gets a plumber to fit things like this - will assume it's OK to use the halfway marks...

So I'd be grateful if I can pick the brains of you experts. Are we damaging the valves if we use halfway marks?

FYI - I had to look for info leaflet online when the valve would not tighten up properly, with the body rotating when I tried to tighten up the spindle nut. (In case that's not its proper name, I mean the serrated one that holds the valve head on to the valve itself).

To Admin - just realised this should have gone in Central Heating forum; could you move it please? TIA

Last edited:
My opinion ... if thats what the manufacturers say , there must be a reason why they say it .

Guess it's because they can't give approximately temp range etc I wouldn't be worried with it messing anything up

And put the head to 5 / highest and tighten the retainer nut (hand tight is more than good enough)

My guess is that that the adjuster will stay in the 'good' positions because it 'clicks into place'. If you position it between 'clicks' the repeated opening/closing of the valve will cause it to move up or down until it does click into place.

So, if you want the valve to stay where you set it...

Thank you all for your responses. Chuck's guess sounds good to me, so will just stick with Drayton's advice.

Followed Shaun's advice and moving it to 5/Max has done the trick :)

Oh, and thanks, Admin, for moving this to where the right people could see it... :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Just a quick (hopefully) 'why' question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock