• Start date
  • Replies 4
  • Views 793

Discuss Jus in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JUS

Hi.... I am looking in to doing a relatively fast track plumbing/ gas safe eng course...... I am from a mechanical Maineance engineer background and looking for a career change. One of the courses that I have been looking at qualifies me with a nvq 2. City and guilds 6035 and gas safe regitered however th cost for this is around £8000. They also send you out on a 2 week work placement..... Is this a rwxomended route In to the industry. And what would the job opportunities be for some one with these quals and the lack of real experiance...????

Lots of posts on here about fast track courses, with advice from people that know a lot more about it than I do, I don't know how these people get you registered with gas safe without any experience ? and are happy to let you loose on the general pubic ! Has for your 2nd question, think about this, who will employ you with just a few paper certificates and no experience ? and put there company's reputation at risk ? you may strike lucky and find someone to take a chance with you but don't hold your breath ! If you want to risk 8K go for it, Sorry to sound negative but the only people that make anything from these courses are the people that run them, I don't know what % of people that go down this route make it as a gas engineer, maybe someone on here can give you the numbers, But think long and hard B4 parting with any money.

I wouldn't go the fast track route as its going to be hard finding a job later on

Esp with not much experience

Best to do if you can night courses

Many ask this question im afraid , theres no right or wrong answer, even get loads of guys asking to work for free to gain hands on experiience,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Jus in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there, looking to gain experience as a plumber's mate in Essex area, I'm from Rayleigh and have a full driving licence and Van. Looking for a step into domestic plumbing. I have experience working in general property maintenance for a family business. I have completed a Level 2 technical...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I am currently in the forces looking to leave in the next year or so. i have a level 3 apprenticeship in electrical and mechanical marine engineering and realistically i have no issues tracing systems and working out whats what. the dream is to leave the forces and become self...
Replies
Views
Hi, A little about the business: I currently own a plumbing business (website and marketing) - looking to target residential and commercial market (i.e. tendering to main contractors flats etc). My background is a commercial manager, I use to do plumbing years back so technically I would not...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I’m after some advice. I would like to make the move into gas and heating engineering. Currently I’m looking at the routes available and think that going through a training centre would be most suitable for me. Some background: I’m a junior structural engineer and have spent...
Replies
Views
I am selling my 3-year City& Guilds Accredited NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Plumbing and Heating I cant complete it due to work commitments. Provider New Trades Career. (There Course fee is £7800) newtradescareer dot co dot uk/courses/plumbing FULL COURSE: £6500 Mail if for this exciting...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock