Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Joining gas pipes together in the Fittings & Pipes area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Calp

Calp New Member

Hi

Sorry if I sound completely stupid, but just after advice.

Had gas meter moved outside and the new copper piping from meter feeding back through in to the wall, this new piping has then been attached to some older piping, which goes to the boiler (only gas in the house).

I wanted to get the new and old piping put together nearer the floor, as at the moment as you can see from pic the new pipe is feeding in, going up and joining to the old pipe and is now in the way of where I wanted a waste pipe to go. My question is could the new and old not of been fitted together further down, I’ve been told it couldn’t as the older pipe is not round anymore so it would of been impossible to fit, hence why it’s joined further up where the old pipe is still round, can pipes not be made round again or soldered on?

Also is earthing correct, going from electricity meter to gas pipe then on to cold water pipe?

Please be kind

B73CFC17-2410-4C27-8925-A1B4AA62147B.jpeg

93C3FF81-0D81-4BFE-8546-8E696E02F749.jpeg

2. scott_d

scott_d Plumber GSR

Looks like they made the best with what was there.
    A repipe would probably be needed to tidy it up

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Calp

Calp New Member

Thank you for replying, someone has said to me it’s a bad job and the soldering is rough?

4. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

It's not a bad job but the soldering isn't the best

5 minutes with a bit of sand paper it will look night and day, sometimes you can't help drips but remove them takes less time

• Like Like x 1
  5. gmartine

gmartine GSR

If the pipe was deformed he might have played safe and decided to overfill it with solder (hence the mess), still he could have given it a wipe.

6. Last Plumber

Last Plumber Plumber GSR

Is the pipe sleeve into the meter box outside sealed ?

I can’t see pic properly or make out what they’ve used as a sleeve. I’m presuming the big messy hole goes to outside?