Search the forum,

Discuss Joining 32mm waste to 25mm mode pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys
I am building a summer house and fitting electrics and shower and sink. I can't run a full blown drain down 40m of garden as no easy connection. I am trenching in water pipe and armoured cable and because there is a good fall down the garden I was thinking of using 25mm (or 32mm) mdpe pipe as a waste pipe into an available gully which currently serves our house kitchen waste.
Maybe not ideal or reg compliant. The question is how do I join standard waste pipe to the mdpe?
All help gratefully received.

25mm pipe used as waste pipe over such a distance. 40m will block up almost certainly!

Thanks guys...looks like I need to rethink.
I can't connect 4 inch to the house drains...any ideas about laying the 4 inch and reducing the final meter or so to flow into the gully.

Have you considered a macerator like a saniflo to pump the waste away. I don't know if it'll work over a distance of 40m with a domestic one. Maybe a light commercial one would do it. With most domestic macerators they pump out through a 32mm pipe. Might be worth looking into.

Bit of a bodge. But you could fit a small manhole at the end of the drain run for access. Then reduce it from there for a very short distance to whatever you are connecting into. As long as your not installing a toilet, this should be fine.
Ps this must go to foul drain.

To be honest it isnt going to take the capacity of water the shower will dish out. And all the hair...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Joining 32mm waste to 25mm mode pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock