Search the forum,

Discuss Job Of The Month Contest - Think we could utilise one? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
On tilersforums we have a JOTM contest.

Job Of The Month

It's just re-started after a year or so out. The old JOTM threads are HERE. Click the year at the top to see all entries for said year.

And I wondered if we could do the same thing here, and get some prizes for the winners perhaps too. But the main prize is bragging-rights. :D

The contest is based around photos. So you'd have to upload 10 or so photos of a job perhaps, then explain the job, have some before and after shots, and what you did on the job etc. Then we vote on the job we think was the best.

'Best' being the operative word here. So we'd need to work out whether it was the best job because it was the most complex, or perhaps the best transformation, or whatever. Or perhaps we let the voter decide what best means and have no limits.

Up for it? Think we could do it? Think it'd take off?

I'd like to post this job completed by my 2nd year apprentice who is 18. The job was to replace an indirect hot water cylinder. He completed the whole job on his own including wiring in the cylinder thermostat and the new immersion heater. I'm quite impressed with him to be honest!

Nothing that amazing where it not for his age and experience to be honest.

Sorry I don't have 10 photos of it :)

Cylinder Install.jpg

We had it here in 2012 and I won it, and Ray kindly dotated some pipeslices and other goodies (thanks Ray....Ray?)

It then fizzled out soon after as no one else put up prizes, I won with a bathroom but most on here are boiler guys.

Yeah, good idea
I'd put forward my bathroom if I could upload the photos

• Dislike
Reactions: Dan
like the idea, another forum im on does the same thing and the usual group of members usually share the spoils every month..
not bothered about that cos its nice to see a good job done amongst all the horror stories we see on the web

• Informative
Yep like the idea , but would it end up all bathrooms, ? Apart from nice pipework a boiler instal would look pretty tame , I think

• Informative
Sorry Dan , do we post the job on here or is this just for opinions ? Cheers.

For me "best job" means easiest money, at least thats what comes to mind when I think of good jobs.
Got pictures of big projects where pipe insulation cut in angles to slot together but I much preffer to unblock a loo an 10 mins get paid and get out :D

Best job is always neat n tidy install and nothing to do with earnings ,,,,,,

I think it's good idea, definitely a change in the forum. It also gives good examples for other engineers how to do some installs.

I'd recommend opening a new highlighted thread, what do you think ?

I think it's good idea, definitely a change in the forum. It also gives good examples for other engineers how to do some installs.

I'd recommend opening a new highlighted thread, what do you think ?
As above, just a discussion for now. Let's see if enough think it's warranted and we'll do it.

On the facebook groups guys are always posting pics of there installs , ive seen some really brilliant plumbing **** with some beautiful pipework,
Mainly system pipework configarations and no bathrooms but you could always have 2 seperate types / compies

• Agree
We can actually post as many competitions as we want. But wouldn't want to overcrowd it all. But we could handle a couple a month maybe. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Job Of The Month Contest - Think we could utilise one? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock