Search the forum,

Discuss jib pmes approved agency in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Andrew Hansell

hi all
Could anyone tell me who the jib pmes approved employment agencys are?.I am trying to get my green cscs card but when i soke to jib they told me i needed a letter from an employer but i am unemployed so this would be impossible to get.When i asked them about the approved employment agencies they said they did not know who they were.

you need a referee from a previous employer or an employer.

why are u applying for a green card? are you a plumbers mate?

what qualifications do you have?

just finishing tech cert level 2 at college and want to get on site as plumbers mate also want to do OSAT to get full nvq

Never heard anybody call it OSAT before.

bit of a catch 20,

You need an employer before you can get card, need card before you can get employed?

Do you know anybody who can act as a referee, plumber friend, i.e. or possibly college?

And if you are on 6129, you want trainee card, you must apply for the purple card, once completed the 6129 and you have employer for NVQ, you move to the red card (trainee/ apprentice), then when you complete NVQ2, you move to plumber blue card, NVQ3 gold card and so on.

Visit What cards are available?

to find out more.

gonna be green cscs card as havnt got employer to vouch for me but cscs said college can act as referee for me .As for OSAT it is to do my nvq on site but not sure whether a site manager would be happy with it if im only on agency it means onsite assesment and training

Bit confused, how can you be a labourer if you are not employed?
Labourer is somebody who works for somebody, not somebody at college.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to jib pmes approved agency in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I live in an apartment with a cold water tank. The cold water tank feeds the cold water tap in the sink and the bath. Recently, I refurbished my bathroom, and according to the plumber who fitted the new taps, high-pressure taps were fitted. Consequently, the water from taps is of a low volume...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, A plumber did some work for me and has done so in the past as well and has been great which is why I hire him. Anyway the last job he did he overcharged me, caused a little damage in my kitchen where he was working and after many requests has not provided me with a receipt ( 7...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I’m new to the forum and joined specifically to try to get an answer to my question. I have an 88yo mother-in-law who is recently widowed and her 90yo husband who has since passed insisted on doing everything for himself. Nothing wrong with that but now that he has gone my wife...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone i'm currently seeking a Plumber mate job. I'm currently living in Croydon London and i have a City& Guild level 1 and 2 Diploma.I served several years in the British Army and my work ethic is impeccable, it there anyone could post any link, employing or know any company who's...
Replies
Views
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was not working. He changed both valves and still the radiator was not working. He put some chemicals in and said it should break up anything that is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock