Search the forum,

Discuss Jet Swet saves the day in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think i would use it to stick like in the video (assuming it's the same as the youtube video) but to blank off tank outlets and to temporarily block feeds from F and E's while flushing, worth it's money.

Sticking bluetak in an outlet, one day it's get sucked in.
You should loop feed/vent when powerflushing and valve so that it can also be included in the flush rather than omitted.

You should loop feed/vent when powerflushing and valve so that it can also be included in the flush rather than omitted.

Don't disagree at all, it the way I was taught. Be no one does though, or very few anyway.

Got a set the other day. When i use them ill post an honest review, maybe even a video depending on how wet i get!

Don't disagree at all, it the way I was taught. Be no one does though, or very few anyway.

i have done it before, but when the cold feed & vent is teed into the same flow pipe like 90% of systems then the water does not flow round the loop anyway... There is no loop as such just a 'dead leg' almost...

i have done it before, but when the cold feed & vent is teed into the same flow pipe like 90% of systems then the water does not flow round the loop anyway... There is no loop as such just a 'dead leg' almost...

Flushing the 'loop' would prevent a potentially blocked fill pipe.....which does happen from time to time as we all know....

I will say this, they are fine for when another valve is letting by or you want to extend a tail from a floor but there is water in it, allowing you to hoover it out

.these are not to replace live valves......... Ever!

tried and tested twice!
on 15 and 22.

far less messy to just snatch

I think they're a good idea but i don't think they're worth £60 quid, mine cost £2.50 and holds back mains pressure easy..

10931333_10152496792876286_2266206790742201637_n.jpg

10906508_10152496793396286_1648334388982095646_n.jpg

Last edited:
Love that Mickey. Can you show us a break down on how you made it? I want to make myself one!

I used some tap washers, 7 in total, mine were slightly too big and had no holes in the middle, ideally you'd want to find some with atleast holes in about 5mm to take a m6 threaded bar or like ive done a 5" long m6 coach bolt.. my washers were also too wide but i just stuck them on the bolt, put it all in the cordless drill and sanded them down with 80 grit till it brought it down to the ID of the 22mm pipe, about 20mm..

stuck the long nut on for tightening and the smaller ones just to hold it still, ive used a hole punch on the two end nuts to stop them moving after tightening them both together..

steel washers are 15mm OD and 6mm ID though ive used two different sizes upto the rubber washers im going to make another one with the right size steel washers.. i got all the bits from a local diy store and the pipe sleeve from B&Q which is 8 OD & 6 ID but its aluminum and i think it might be starting to flair as its all tightened up so might change it for some steel tube..

those jet swets are good for 5 bar apparently and mine holds back mains but im not even sure what sort of pressure i have, i only plan on capping the F&E for the power flush because im cheap and not willing to stick a valve on the 22..

Last edited:
Would make a class plumbers weapon.

If rambo was a plumber lol.

Just imagine that coming at you at 8 bar lol

I've got everything I need to make my own on the van already. Great idea Mick, I'm going to do my own. I'll use 10mm tube as a sleeve though as you say steel tube would be better.

Good stuff, if you do use a coach bolt id file off the little square bits and get some steel washers that fit exactly over the M6 bolt and are 20mm wide so theirs no gaps as it fits inside the 22mm pipe as i found with some washers if their is a gap the rubber pushes past the steel washer inside the pipe, it would probably split it after a while..

I was planning on using 6mm threaded bar (stud - I call it). With two nuts and a steel washer on one end, then the rubber washers, followed by a steel washer, the 10mm tube and another nut. Job's a goodun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Jet Swet saves the day in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock