Search the forum,

Discuss Is this quote for a new boiler fit sensible? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

Just received a quote for £3,500 inc VAT to convert a 3-bedroom, 1-bathroom, semi-detached property from a traditional boiler (with hot water tank in bedroom and two cold water tanks in loft) to a Worcester-Bosch 32CDI combi boiler. That type of boiler chosen to fit within space requirements and to ensure enough water for filling a bath at a reasonable pace.

Quote includes the boiler, removing the old tanks, re-plumbing where necessary, installing a scale reducer and shock arrester, hot flush of system and a £60 thermostat/controller.

House is in Hertfordshire.

Does this sound like a reasonable quote? Does it sound like a reasonable choice of boiler?

Thanks all!

Sounds ok, what type of hot flush are they doing as this could make or break the quote?

Sounds ok, what type of hot flush are they doing as this could make or break the quote?
Thanks for your reply and insight Shaun. They've not specified what type of hot flush, though I can ask for more detail. What type would make it and what type would break the quote for you?

Thanks for your reply and insight Shaun. They've not specified what type of hot flush, though I can ask for more detail. What type would make it and what type would break the quote for you?

If it's just drop the heating water out hot then that's not going to do anything

But if there adding chemicals and maybe having a flushing unit that's much better

Also I would have fitted an adey pro 2 filter installed

Ah yes they have specified filling the system with corrosion inhibitor, so sounds like what you describe above as a better outcome. I will ask about whether they use a flushing unit, thanks for the advice!
They are also installing a Worcestor magnetic filter - is this similar to the product you recommended?

Ah yes they have specified filling the system with corrosion inhibitor, so sounds like what you describe above as a better outcome. I will ask about whether they use a flushing unit, thanks for the advice!
They are also installing a Worcestor magnetic filter - is this similar to the product you recommended?

Yes that's great and same unit :)

This unit looks different but is made by the same company.

One very important point , have they explained to you after they have finished the system will be pressurised .

I would say that is rather excessive. Look to about £2100 to £2300 for this job. Go for a small independent installer that is not vat registered, can save a lot there.

I would say that is rather excessive. Look to about £2100 to £2300 for this job. Go for a small independent installer that is not vat registered, can save a lot there.

For a conversion?????? I charge more for a combi to combi swap

What just a conversion to a combi connecting upto old rads and pipework??
Down this way id say looking at £1900 materials and £800 labour.

How much do you charge labour for a combi to combi swap shaun?

What just a conversion to a combi connecting upto old rads and pipework??
Down this way id say looking at £1900 materials and £800 labour.

How much do you charge labour for a combi to combi swap shaun?

2.8k straight swap materials included

Decent boiler
All controls etc flush magy etc

I have got people around me they charge a whole lot more than than that. But I also have some .... around me they do boiler swaps for nothing ( £150-300£ labour ). They are fully gas qualified ... but do not get their point honestly. You all should see those installs, pretty rough , no insulation, no flush, no filters, no scale reducers there is literally nothing to regs.

But that's what some people want quantity than quality...

I can't see how that's possible unless it's a weekend job, cash in hand, for your best mate, thrown at the wall and all the rubbish left in the front garden .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Is this quote for a new boiler fit sensible? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock