Search the forum,

Discuss Is this a reasonable price for a boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

paulalou

can someone give me advice regarding boilers?sorry to jump on this post but for some reason i can't seem to post my question..What boilers do people recommend ,we have a 3 bed detached and at present have a feroli,we were thinking either a worcester 30i or 32i or an ideal?for the worcester 32i and 6 radiators and thermostats and new control box.our quote is £3600 is this quote reasonable?.all these boilers are combination boilers. Many thanks

We can't really comment on another person's quote. There are too many factors to consider that can be missed out in a simple thread on a forum.

But it doesn't sound bad that if I'm honest.

We can't really comment on another person's quote. There are too many factors to consider that can be missed out in a simple thread on a forum.

But it doesn't sound bad that if I'm honest.
I understand and apologies for asking if the price was acceptable. Is there anyone who could give me advice on boilers and which one would be suitable for a 3 bed..We need a combination boiler as where it's siTed now breaks regs

your installer will be able to advise you, guys usually have a preference for what they install and know the product range well.

price sounds ok to me but as Dan says, there are too many variables that we dont know.

Get more than one quote to compare prices, it ask around friends/family to recommend an installer

Get upto three prices. If you let the forum know where you are there maybe somebody on here who could price it for you as well.

Get upto three prices. If you let the forum know where you are there maybe somebody on here who could price it for you as well.
I can't choose between Worcester 32i and the ideal logic +35 ..getting a headache with it..

I've seen plenty of both require early repairs. From my experience the Ideals seem to have more than their fair share of heat engines rusting through prematurely. Worcesters seem to have their fair share of leaks from the filling loop mechanism they use and interestingly (today) from the flue itself..

I have a bit of a hatred of combi boilers to be honest (and others may disagree with me) but if I was forced to fit one in my house it would be an Intergas combi boiler. Purely on the basis that it's built like a tank, has very few components in it (more components = more to go wrong) and they have never had a heat exchanger failure since they started making them.

We've had 2 quotes..ideal logic 35+ with 6 replacement radiators..wireless control ..Magna flush and thermostats or a ideal vogue with the above..I won't post the price

As I said ideal's come with a warranty .
IMHO not worth paper it's printed on .

What bugs me with ideal is that they charge you for the extra warranty .
When you develop a fault with the appliance then you get a whole list of reasons not to honour the warranty.

They will never honour the 10 years on a vogue

Depends largely on where u stay also as different areas different prices but to me it seems pritty good considering your getting rads aswell, also make sure your getting a filter and flushed in accordance to manufacturers guidelines ,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Is this a reasonable price for a boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock