Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

Discuss Is there a gas engineer full tool bundle I can buy? in the Plumbing Tools area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Abgash

Abgash New Member

Hi, I'm about to start a gas engineering course and I'm trying to buy all the tools beforehand. Does anyone else know if there's a full tool kit available from anywhere?

2. Riley

Riley Plumber GSR

Buy what you need as you find you need it. Everyone works differently and has different techniques. Maybe pass your course first. Do you have a plumbing background??

• Like Like x 3
  3. snowhead

snowhead Well-Known Member

As above, because there are too many variables.

Domestic, Commercial, Install, Maintenance or all of them?

Are you employed currently in the gas /plumbing field?

Your prospective / current employer may provide some tools depending on where you work.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Abgash

Abgash New Member

No I don't have any experience at all, my current job is unstable and I am unskilled so I am starting the course in April. I was looking for tools while I have a half decent income to buy them . The plan is to find work but have a back up plan with tools and van incase it takes time to find work .

5. Rich8

Rich8 Plumber GSR

How long is your course out of interest?

6. Riley

Riley Plumber GSR

If you have absolutely zero plumbing experience i would strongly recommend speaking to your local college first

7. Abgash

Abgash New Member

I will only be qualified for domestic afterwards. There's 4 weeks basic plumbing involved and that's the only plumbing I would know.

8. Abgash

Abgash New Member

28 weeks. I wish I knew how to post the link for it

9. Riley

Riley Plumber GSR

I am not being negative mate but rather concerned for you and your money. It's not a job that you can pick up and do with no experience. I would strongly advise against

• Like Like x 2
  10. Riley

Riley Plumber GSR

28 weeks solid or distance learning?

11. Abgash

Abgash New Member

Riley, if I pm you the course name could you have a look and see what you think?

12. Rich8

Rich8 Plumber GSR

It takes years to be half decent at this trade that's after an a 4 year apprenticeship also you need to work along side someone who knows what there doing you can't just throw a few grand to a trading centre and walk out a gas engineer most times it's a con to get your money .but good luck to you just be careful

• Like Like x 1
  13. rpm

rpm Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

Put the name in the search box (Top right corner) it might have been covered before.

14. scott_d

scott_d Plumber GSR

You can have my van and it's contents for £20k

What type of work do you think you will do?

• Like Like x 2
  15. jtsplumbing

jtsplumbing Plumber GSR