Is there a gas engineer full tool bundle I can buy?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Tools' started by Abgash, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Abgash

Abgash New Member

Hi, I'm about to start a gas engineering course and I'm trying to buy all the tools beforehand. Does anyone else know if there's a full tool kit available from anywhere?

2. Riley

Riley Plumbers Arms member

Buy what you need as you find you need it. Everyone works differently and has different techniques. Maybe pass your course first. Do you have a plumbing background??

3. snowhead

snowhead Active Member

As above, because there are too many variables.

Domestic, Commercial, Install, Maintenance or all of them?

Are you employed currently in the gas /plumbing field?

Your prospective / current employer may provide some tools depending on where you work.

4. Abgash

Abgash New Member

No I don't have any experience at all, my current job is unstable and I am unskilled so I am starting the course in April. I was looking for tools while I have a half decent income to buy them . The plan is to find work but have a back up plan with tools and van incase it takes time to find work .

5. Rich8

Rich8 Plumbers Arms member

How long is your course out of interest?

6. Riley

If you have absolutely zero plumbing experience i would strongly recommend speaking to your local college first

7. Abgash

Abgash New Member

I will only be qualified for domestic afterwards. There's 4 weeks basic plumbing involved and that's the only plumbing I would know.

8. Abgash

Abgash New Member

28 weeks. I wish I knew how to post the link for it

9. Riley

I am not being negative mate but rather concerned for you and your money. It's not a job that you can pick up and do with no experience. I would strongly advise against

10. Riley

28 weeks solid or distance learning?

11. Abgash

Abgash New Member

Riley, if I pm you the course name could you have a look and see what you think?

12. Rich8

Rich8 Plumbers Arms member

It takes years to be half decent at this trade that's after an a 4 year apprenticeship also you need to work along side someone who knows what there doing you can't just throw a few grand to a trading centre and walk out a gas engineer most times it's a con to get your money .but good luck to you just be careful

13. rpm

rpm Plumbers Arms member

Put the name in the search box (Top right corner) it might have been covered before.

14. scott_d

scott_d New Member

You can have my van and it's contents for £20k

What type of work do you think you will do?

15. jtsplumbing

jtsplumbing Plumbers Arms member

16. Abgash

Abgash New Member

It's not a few weeks it's 7 months. Same duration as my local college the only thing about college is I'd need a mentor.

17. Riley

7 months full time though or distance learning?

18. Abgash

Abgash New Member

I don't need a van I already have one, it's tools I asked about.

19. Abgash

Abgash New Member

Full time

20. Riley

The college will teach you the basics which the other course wont