Search the forum,

Discuss Is there a Direct Open Vented Combi Boiler available on the market? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Issue is – We have a Mains Pressure Hot Water, Open vented, Solar thermal storage unit in a single storey property with 2 <u>Direct</u> feeds (One for multi fuel burner and one for oil/gas boiler). There will be a boiler stove fitted to one and it’s planned to fit a gas boiler to the other (in kitchen) as backup. BUT, the hot water run back to the kitchen from the cylinder is around 20 meters which will have a big delay to the hot water.&nbsp;<br><br>Is there a DIRECT Open Vented Combi boiler that will support the cylinder with CH supply but hot water to the kitchen? All the ones I can find are sealed systems!

Not sure if you can or would want to add a secondary hot water circuit to a thermal store, in your case I'd just install a small water heater (gas or electric).

Last edited:
I would not go down the route of a combi boiler here. Is it not possible to add a plate heat exchanger off the thermal store to provide hot water? That is providing there are spare tappins near the top of the store. It may be worth taking to the thermal store manufacturer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Is there a Direct Open Vented Combi Boiler available on the market? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock