Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss Is the polypipe screeded floor panel required? in the Underfloor Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Anthony G

Anthony G New Member

Hi,

We're getting a UFH system in the new kitchen as part of our house extension. We were quoted for a Polypipe system.

The pipes have been laid out today and (having done a bit of research) I was surprised that they'd been tacked straight onto the damp proof membrane. I was expecting the Polypipe screeded floor panel.

[​IMG]

Do I have any reason to be concerned? Our builder describes it as unnecessary.

Anthony

2. Anthony G

Anthony G New Member

Image of piping installed is here

ufhtubing.jpg

3. mache

mache Active Member

Never been involved in wet ufh, but if that is your only DPM I think I would be concerned with all the punctures through it now.

4. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

is there any insulation below? normally something like kingspan / rigid closed cell foam

• Like Like x 1
  5. TheFloorHeatingStore

TheFloorHeatingStore New Member

Hi there. you should have damp proof membrane, then insulation. vapour barrier over that then the pipework stapled into the insulation. if that is your base DPM and you have ground below. it will need to come back up and re installed im sorry to say.

View attachment easyfix-staples.PNG