Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Is Public Liability compulsory for Gas safe registered engineers? in the Insurance for Plumbers area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AWheating

AWheating Trusted Plumber GSR

its likely in his small print it states that his insurance only covers direct employee's. every company i know requires you to have 2m pli when you subby for them.

2. tamz

tamz Guest

If you are subbing you need to have your own PLI. If you don't and anything happens you will wish you had as his won't cover you.

3. quality

quality Plumber GSR

I had an gas safe inspection recently and one of the first things he wanted was my insurance certificate

4. Mike Jackson

Mike Jackson Plumber GSR

I can't believe anyone would contemplate working for profit without public liabliity.

5. kay-jay

kay-jay Trusted Plumber GSR

pli is a big fat no brainer. get some or else or it could all end in tears

6. AWheating

AWheating Trusted Plumber GSR

just to note that if you wish to become hetas registered you have to prove to them that you have 2m PLI. With that and making co detectors compulsary with solid fuel installs it seems somebody has some common sense.

7. COL_nottm

COL_nottm Guest

Im suprised its not a legal requirement, you cant drive a car without insurance so why would it be legal to work on someones property without it.

I have £5m cover for domestic and commercial and only pay around £400/yr why would you not have it...

8. lame plumber

lame plumber Guest

have a look at the last post date before posting col old son, youve been hitting some very old threads

9. leethegasman

leethegasman GSR

I can put temporary workers on mine FOC but I do have to name them I would be careful and look in to getting your own because no one will back you up if anything happens and you will be on your own fighting to save all you have worked hard for.

10. leethegasman

leethegasman GSR

Very old thread

11. dancinplumba

dancinplumba Trusted Plumber GSR

But you can drive a car on the road without insurance, infact without anything :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. thompsonbrown

thompsonbrown Plumber GSR

Were you taking the micky or do you know about "Common law" still used in england and accounts for around 50% of people getting away without insurance.

13. dancinplumba

dancinplumba Trusted Plumber GSR

Taking Micky where ?

14. thompsonbrown

thompsonbrown Plumber GSR

Ok taking the p#ss. Micky is the same as that without the hashtag
    Where im from.

15. Philipweson

Philipweson Guest

it is not a legal requirement for you to obtain any public liability, you may do work for someone such as the council or a housing association who will normally want to see your liability before commencing any work for them.
    If you have employees or if you use labour only subcontractors then you will by law require employers liability which will automatically have public liability with the policy.

if you do not have any public liability and you are negligent in your duties and get sued then you could loose everything you have worked for.

As for recommending someone, to cut a long story short, Coversure Insurance in Middlesbrough really helped me out with some tricky liability insurance with a great price.

get a quote from a broker who knows what they are doing and then decide if you want to take the risk of not getting any insurance.

Hope i helped...