Search the forum,

Discuss Is it really cheaper for me to have central heating on all day than a gas fire? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
140 posts and 15 minutes of my life ill never see again

Guys...those that are trying to contribute in a constructive manner probably realise hollyoakes has more difficulties than most so let's not be too quick to judge and just see if we can help him through this instead of littering the thread with unhelpful and occasionally snide posts.

Guys...those that are trying to contribute in a constructive manner probably realise hollyoakes has more difficulties than most so let's not be too quick to judge and just see if we can help him through this instead of littering the thread with unhelpful and occasionally snide posts.

Thank you very much for that mate as I do.

If this thread is not a windup then Masood's Tax Refund will be in the bank.

It's not a windup, give me a break mate. I struggle with my health, I am in constant agony, I bet you're healthy add into the bargain, I have just lost my brother in law and was over playing with my wee niece, who's heartbroken she doesn't have a Dad anymore and is attending counseling. She goes through enough with her spinabifida can't even do her own pee pees or poos. It's heartbreaking to watch. I am entering my fire being on all day reading at 7:50pm. And I would like if you could tell me what the difference is between the central heating and the fire as it might help someone else like me and I will be out of your hair. I don't see what the wind up is I struggle ok. Is that what you want to hear? As I haven't a clue about meters or heating. And as I say it may help someone else like me without being ridiculed they can look at this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
The reason this thread appears a windup is that what ever your state of physical health the questions you ask are both intelligent and perceptive, yet when offered advice you respond with a reason to ignore it and pose another question. With persistence like yours resolving problems through social services and landlord should not be difficult.

The reason this thread appears a windup is that what ever your state of physical health the questions you ask are both intelligent and perceptive, yet when offered advice you respond with a reason to ignore it and pose another question. With persistence like yours resolving problems through social services and landlord should not be difficult.
OK mate I know I am. I Just want to know the difference betwwen the fire and the central heating. And that the energy company is not ripping me off. And yes I am persistant. I don't get help off anyone. I can't even get an extra wireless heating control for when I can't walk and I have been told just to use my electric blanket. And believe me I pushed all the way for that. I would buy one myself but I don't think it will work. You will know better, the reciever is only single band I think and I think you need a dual band reciever to have 2 wireless heating controls in fact I am going to ask the gas engineer tomorrow when I see him if that is the case. When I get him to set my heating control to come on at 18 degrees instead of 21. I can only apologise about this but I just want to know these things and that's me sorted. Thank you.

Nevermind the gas central heating or the gas fire, reading all ten pages of this makes me want to put my head in the gas oven!

OK mate I know I am. I Just want to know the difference betwwen the fire and the central heating. And that the energy company is not ripping me off. And yes I am persistant. I don't get help off anyone. I can't even get an extra wireless heating control for when I can't walk and I have been told just to use my electric blanket. And believe me I pushed all the way for that. I would buy one myself but I don't think it will work. You will know better, the reciever is only single band I think and I think you need a dual band reciever to have 2 wireless heating controls in fact I am going to ask the gas engineer tomorrow when I see him if that is the case. When I get him to set my heating control to come on at 18 degrees instead of 21. I can only apologise about this but I just want to know these things and that's me sorted. Thank you.

"I don't get help off anyone" this statement really sums it up for me. You DO get help. A lot of help. The constant visits from gas engineers to your property cost money. Not your money tho. The council or social housing will pick up the tab for that. There's people with real issues in dire need of help but due to too many time wasters playing the system they're unable to receive help. If you can't afford it turn it off. It's that simple. How the hell did people survive years ago?! Really boils me this.

"I don't get help off anyone" this statement really sums it up for me. You DO get help. A lot of help. The constant visits from gas engineers to your property cost money. Not your money tho. The council or social housing will pick up the tab for that. There's people with real issues in dire need of help but due to too many time wasters playing the system they're unable to receive help. If you can't afford it turn it off. It's that simple. How the hell did people survive years ago?! Really boils me this.
Simple soloution for you don't get involved! And where are the constant visits from the gas man???

Last edited by a moderator:
Nevermind the gas central heating or the gas fire, reading all ten pages of this makes me want to put my head in the gas oven!
Don't get involved either! Karma's a pig and it will pay you back

Simple soloution for you don't get involved! And where are the constant visits from the gas man???

He's coming to adjust your stat?! They've got more important things to do. Put a jumper on and get over it man.

He's coming to adjust your stat?! They've got more important things to do. Put a jumper on and get over it man.
So ignore the advice I have been given on here no way. And that's 1 visit where's the "visits"

You're one of those blokes on the phone every sodding day because you've got absolutely nothing better to do than waste people's time and money sorting non existent problems. It's a bill to pay, we all have to pay, some much more than others. Tuff.

A gas fire is heating one room
The boiler is heating the house

A gas fire is heating one room
The boiler is heating the house

Yes I know but for the likes of the days I am able to get up I spend it in the living room that's why I am confused as I thought it would be cheaper just to use fire and the central heating at night to take the chill out the bedroom mate before I go to bed. Correct?

Meter reading for fire being on 12 hours is 01714554

apart from when I had it do a test a member suggested for 2 minutes the reading for the fire being on 2 minutes With Fire on full for 2 minutes start 01710433 after 2 minutes 01710450.

and central heating on with fire off for 2 minutes was central heating on full 30 degrees 01710550 after 2 minutes 01710644 is the central heating cheaper than the fire overall.

Based on above readings you have a 28Kw boiler and 5Kw fire if this is not correct either your readings or meter are wrong. Please await others to confirm my maths.

Based on above readings you have a 28Kw boiler and 5Kw fire if this is not correct either your readings or meter are wrong. Please await others to confirm my maths.
I know it's a 30 Kw boiler and was putting out 29.52Kw on the 14/8/15. I don't know what my fire is it's 15 year old mate.

I know it's a 30 Kw boiler and was putting out 29.52Kw on the 14/8/15. I don't know what my fire is it's 15 year old mate.

Time to invest in a new more efficient gas fire then, old living flame about 60%, new gas fire about 85 to 90% , if you were going to replace the boiler, then you have the money to invest in a new fire.

11 pages & I didn't realise the weather had turned cold......still in shorts down here....

11 pages & I didn't realise the weather had turned cold......still in shorts down here....

Same here almost Tropical ! still he does live in Scotland, maybe better to relocate then he would reduce his gas bill !!

If your fire is 15 years old get it certified for compliance, adequate ventilation is most important. Carbon monoxide will kill.

Same here almost Tropical ! still he does live in Scotland, maybe better to relocate then he would reduce his gas bill !!

With all the ailments, cold, niece etc etc it might be better to get in touch with the BBC & get Nick Knowles & his crew round....

If your fire is 15 years old get it certified for compliance, adequate ventilation is most important. Carbon monoxide will kill.

Gets serviced once a year though I won't be using it if at all anymore mate.

Time to invest in a new more efficient gas fire then, old living flame about 60%, new gas fire about 85 to 90% , if you were going to replace the boiler, then you have the money to invest in a new fire.

What a new living flame is that much more? I thought they were all the same thanks mate. Get one next year sometime.

With all the ailments, cold, niece etc etc it might be better to get in touch with the BBC & get Nick Knowles & his crew round....

Don't even know why he is turning his heating on B4 he go's to bed !! He as an electric blanket .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Is it really cheaper for me to have central heating on all day than a gas fire? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock