Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss Invoicing/job management software in the Insurance for Plumbers area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Eilidh's Daddy

Eilidh's Daddy Guest

Hi all

just wondering if/what people are using for invoicing and job management software or apps? I'm looking to get a more professional set up for my office work and save on mountains of paper and misplaced bits of info that I've scribbled down. Just now I'm producing invoices etc on a template on my laptop then writing the details in a book and marking it off when paid. It's very long winded and time consuming.

Ive be looked at a few of these apps but would like feedback from people who have actually used them. I'm a one man band so I don't need to link with multiple engineers. Something that creates boiler service certificates etc would also be handy. Also it would be good to hear if people have had a better experience with software they've paid for rather than some of the free options and vice versa.

thanks in advance

2. Atouchofgas

Atouchofgas Plumber GSR

3. Ch4 plumbing

Ch4 plumbing Plumber GSR

4. Atouchofgas

Atouchofgas Plumber GSR

Not many, can only "quote" not estimate. Minor things like customer title eg Mr & Mrs is missing,
    Positives are works well across the laptop, computer, iPad and iPhone. Still getting used it but overall v impressed, especially at the price.
    They have been good at responding quickly to my enquiries
    I have cuty paperwork hours in half or more by doing this, so I'm

5. Ch4 plumbing

Ch4 plumbing Plumber GSR

I'm using invoice to go at the moment but the invoice/quote format is untidy imho, theirs nowhere for your VAT number or company registration number! So they just get squeezed in where I can.

6. Atouchofgas

Atouchofgas Plumber GSR

Well, I've had various emails from customers telling me how professional it all looks.
    Next year when the services are due it will email and text, so less hassle for me

7. Ch4 plumbing

Ch4 plumbing Plumber GSR

I'll have a proper look over the weekend but looks pretty good from what I've seen.

Thanks.

8. Atouchofgas

Atouchofgas Plumber GSR

Well you get a thirty day trial

Pm sent

Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
  9. jonny5isalive

jonny5isalive Plumber GSR

I bought gas engineer software a while ago but didn't find it very easy to use, navigation, finding customers, addresses etc. Ok for certs etc but for estimates and invoices I use quickfile which is free and much better set up for that sort of thing as a dedicated accounting package.

www.quickfile.co.uk

• Like Like x 2
  10. Atouchofgas

Atouchofgas Plumber GSR

The software can also be linked to xero

11. Chalked

Chalked Plumber GSR

Just started using sage one.
    It's cloud based, so my accountant and myself have access. I just do invoices from it and give her the rest of the paperwork to input at month end.

12. Atouchofgas

Atouchofgas Plumber GSR

13. JobLogic

JobLogic Sponsor

Hi guys,

Take a look at www.joblogic.com we have a cloud based job management system with a mobile app that has all of the electronic gas certs.

Give us a call on 0800 326 5561 if you want to know more.

Cheers

James

14. JWLPlumbing

JWLPlumbing Plumber GSR

I started to use Kashflow for Invoicing, which I quite like. £12 per month.

15. stevetheplumber

stevetheplumber Plumber GSR

i use gasengineers software as well works for me and getting better as they add more stuff to it

16. erion

erion GSR

I use a self made template and edit pdf file in adobe acrobat

17. 1Steven

1Steven Plumber GSR

Very interesting thread

18. Rckape

Rckape Plumber GSR

I use gas checker for my certs and a prefer to do my own invoicing by pdf and spreadsheet. I like all my quotes, invoices etc to match.

19. GQuigley67

GQuigley67 Trusted Plumber GSR

I use invoice2go but make my own estimates and quotes. I have just ordered an ipad for business use and want to keep everything paperless, anyone any other gas software that they recommend which hasn't been already been recommended in this thread?

20. Soulman

Soulman GSR

Master Gas App, £30 a year, does all invoices, quotes, gas certs (dom and com), legionella certs and oil

21. Ted808

Ted808 Plumber GSR

I've used Gas Engineer Software, but found it hard to use on laptop and tablet - android. Seemed to duplicate and I found it hard to find a list of jobs, also little things like trying to correct mistakes or change numbers of invoices made for a stressful couple of hours!!

Used BaseTax for accounting free and seems OK .. Still have to input all receipts n stuff. Guy is quick to answer any questions and help by email or online chat box thingy.

Also have used my own spread sheet - Excelland Openoffice - PDF invoice/estimate template.
    Which has worked well. Better than all of the above but it has got a bit messy now and is hard to keep up without duplicating when saving to external drive.

It's blinking frustrating

22. Ric2013

Ric2013 Plumber Top Contributor!!

I use a description of work format with (sometimes) breakdown of material costs appended (copied from the spreadsheet file I keep prices of stock items on). That's if it's complicated work or I need to email the invoice.

If I'm invoicing on the spot (most of my jobs), it's a paper invoice book and scribble by hand.