Search the forum,

Discuss Invest in me in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

legzi

Hello, my name is lee and in live in south east london, looking for a advanced plumbing apprentice or plumbers mate posistion. I could probably chance it as a full blown plumber but that's not my style.(been told I'm a bit too honest!)

started in construction aaa decorator then decided to retrain as a plumber did the 2 year nvq level 2 at college although I didn't have an apprenticeship (great college tutor helped me out tho)
i paid for my own course so I'm very dedicated.

about me... I'm 27 years old have a clean licence and work very hard. I'm a strong lad so lugging boilers and rads around isn't an issue. Very friendly and get on well with all customers and have a clean appearance. Also very easy to get along with.

so far I've learnt plumbing is bloody hard to get work in! (Unless you like agency site work) especially domestic which is my favourite.
had a few plumbers mate jobs but they never have the work to keep me except the semi cowboy I work with now.

My experience in plumbing is
comercial. Using a threading machine for barrel and using a vitaulic Grover for the big boy stuff. I like commercial as it's very physical but I prefer domestic. Used the mapress stuff too on a site.(preference soldering)

domestic experience is
helping to fit boilers(can prob do this on my own but not gas safe)
fit/change trvs lock shields. Fix them(push the pin ect)
updated gas pipes to 22mm do drop tests. Use gas sniffer/leak detector ect
lift floor boards/chop joists lay ply fit/make bath panels ply the floor for tiling ect
fit radiators/add radiators to the system(always add an inhibitor if I drain down!

comfortable in running plastic or copper pipe
i know my fittings and can see what I need then go get it and do it.

fit showers/shower trays run the waste in to the stack.
rip a cast stack down and replace in plastic. Move your toilet whilst I may it
can core holes nice and clean.
use all power tools safely and comfartible.
find and fix a leak.
fit bath sink or toilet.
work with a bathroom fitter at the moment so bit of cabinet fitting too
And patch tiling.
Fit tank connectors
move pumps
fit/change taps
bit of cement work
i can powerflush (properly)
do a bit of plaster boarding/aqua boarding

can change prvs/re pressurise system(expansion vessel) I don't know much about boilers as I wasn't taught too much but know a bit about cleaning heat exchangers and dodgy diverter valves.

can also paint really good and very handy

Theres maybe a few things I've missed off too as it's hard to remember all the things

i have a semi full time job which is good but I work with a semi cowboy it's a good job I didn't meet him fresh out of college or I'd be knackered.everything is plastic push fit. Powerflushes are turn it on for 6 hours turn it of fill it up bleed it job done.
no clean f&e tank no bash the rads no inhibitor/cleaner ect. I actually felt a little bit bad. I don't mind taking a few short cuts but I wouldn't take the ****.

im cis and cscs registered. have my own hand tools, combi drill, sds and my awesome multi tool (can't live without it now)

looking for work in london although I'm on the border of Kent so maybe parts of there too,
any questions don't hesitate to ask
You won't regret it as every plumber I've worked for so far hasn't after the trust period is over they know they have a winner :)
cheers

Willing to work a free trail?
i know that with one member this might peak his interest.
I'll point him this way

Of course mate. That's pretty much how I got all my plumbing jobs. I don't mind doing a few days for free so we can meet and build up from there ect

Good CV,someone should take you.

Thanks. I don't really rate cv's as I've seen some of the hyped up cvs previous employers have had and they all got sacked lol that's why I just do a bit of a covering letter and a trial.

Thanks. I don't really rate cv's as I've seen some of the hyped up cvs previous employers have had and they all got sacked lol that's why I just do a bit of a covering letter and a trial.

It doesn't matter whether you rate CVs or not. Your not the one hiring. What matters is what potential employers rate.

We stock loads of stuff that I think is hideous. But it isnt going in my house, so what I think is irrelevant.

You come across quite well Lee so i think you should get some interest.

It doesn't matter whether you rate CVs or not. Your not the one hiring. What matters is what potential employers rate.

We stock loads of stuff that I think is hideous. But it isnt going in my house, so what I think is irrelevant.

Yes, that's true. I've just maybe seen too many guys with really great cvs being hired off of previouse bosses.(boss is all happy!) then they got sacked the same day! A cv is a point to sell yourself so you have to make yourself sound good. Some times too good for what you are.
so I just prefer to list things I can do rather than the jobs I've had. I'm a firm believer in under promise over achieve. As it's a lot better than over promising and underachieving. Hope you get my point.

Hello Lee and welcome, a couple of days ago a member (I'm afraid I forget which) was asking for a biomass fitter/engineer. What don't you pm him and see if theirs any vacancies with him? Be warned I think it was in France.

his name is Enershop if that helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, my name is lee and in live in south east london, looking for a advanced plumbing apprentice or plumbers mate posistion. I could probably chance it as a full blown plumber but that's not my style.(been told I'm a bit too honest!)

started in construction aaa decorator then decided to retrain as a plumber did the 2 year nvq level 2 at college although I didn't have an apprenticeship (great college tutor helped me out tho)
i paid for my own course so I'm very dedicated.

about me... I'm 27 years old have a clean licence and work very hard. I'm a strong lad so lugging boilers and rads around isn't an issue. Very friendly and get on well with all customers and have a clean appearance. Also very easy to get along with.

so far I've learnt plumbing is bloody hard to get work in! (Unless you like agency site work) especially domestic which is my favourite.
had a few plumbers mate jobs but they never have the work to keep me except the semi cowboy I work with now.

My experience in plumbing is
comercial. Using a threading machine for barrel and using a vitaulic Grover for the big boy stuff. I like commercial as it's very physical but I prefer domestic. Used the mapress stuff too on a site.(preference soldering)

domestic experience is
helping to fit boilers(can prob do this on my own but not gas safe)
fit/change trvs lock shields. Fix them(push the pin ect)
updated gas pipes to 22mm do drop tests. Use gas sniffer/leak detector ect
lift floor boards/chop joists lay ply fit/make bath panels ply the floor for tiling ect
fit radiators/add radiators to the system(always add an inhibitor if I drain down!

comfortable in running plastic or copper pipe
i know my fittings and can see what I need then go get it and do it.

fit showers/shower trays run the waste in to the stack.
rip a cast stack down and replace in plastic. Move your toilet whilst I may it 
can core holes nice and clean.
use all power tools safely and comfartible.
find and fix a leak.
fit bath sink or toilet.
work with a bathroom fitter at the moment so bit of cabinet fitting too
And patch tiling.
Fit tank connectors
move pumps
fit/change taps
bit of cement work
i can powerflush (properly)
do a bit of plaster boarding/aqua boarding

can change prvs/re pressurise system(expansion vessel) I don't know much about boilers as I wasn't taught too much but know a bit about cleaning heat exchangers and dodgy diverter valves.

can also paint really good and very handy

Theres maybe a few things I've missed off too as it's hard to remember all the things

i have a semi full time job which is good but I work with a semi cowboy it's a good job I didn't meet him fresh out of college or I'd be knackered.everything is plastic push fit. Powerflushes are turn it on for 6 hours turn it of fill it up bleed it job done.
no clean f&e tank no bash the rads no inhibitor/cleaner ect. I actually felt a little bit bad. I don't mind taking a few short cuts but I wouldn't take the ****.

im cis and cscs registered. have my own hand tools, combi drill, sds and my awesome multi tool (can't live without it now)

looking for work in london although I'm on the border of Kent so maybe parts of there too,
any questions don't hesitate to ask
You won't regret it as every plumber I've worked for so far hasn't after the trust period is over they know they have a winner :)
cheers

PM your number , I've got loads on at the moment , I've got two guys work for me , both C&G , training for there gas ,,

PM your number , I've got loads on at the moment , I've got two guys work for me , both C&G , training for there gas ,,

Sent u my number ages ago. You so busy you still ain't employed me!

Hi, Are you still looking for work? We are small but successful company based in Whitton. Please call Peter on 07900241338

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Invest in me in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock