Search the forum,

Discuss Intermittent hot water, 38cxi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

gingalig

Gas Engineer
Hi, just had a look at a gloworm 38cxi 8 years old , the heating works although seems to take a good while to get the return warm even though there is only one rad on, the DHW gets hot but cuts out intermitently, the temp displays constanltly and doesn't switch to indicate system pressure so I'm tentatively assuming the flow switch is ok, on occasion the sign for the heating ( radiator symbol) flashes up even though this is turned ofg at the programmer and the the boiler modulates, the flow rate from the tap when running hot is really good, there is no sludge to speak of In the system (I fitted a magna clean about 6 months ago,) I'm thinking it could be the diverter valve? The flow pipework seems to be getting slightly warm when the water is on. I couldn't make the hot water not work or run intermitently when I was there whatever combination of settings I tried, but the boiler definitely seemed to modulate every couple of mins. Hope one of you can help throw some light on it or confirm my vaguely inexperienced diagnosis.

If flow is getting warm it's the diverter

Thank you as always Shaun. I thought it probably was, but wanted a second opinion.
May have to take up air con install if this weather keeps up. ;)

I had one installed last year :D best move I did (best 1200 I spent)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Intermittent hot water, 38cxi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock