Discuss Intermittent Boiler Fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boiler Model: Saunier Duval Enviroplus F24e combi

Problem:
•boiler does not ignite in the morning and requires multiple resets to get it going
•once boiler starts it seems to be working fine
•boiler fails to ignite after longer periods of no use

Hi,

We moved in to a new house around 7 months ago. So far boiler has been working without issues. Boiler is about 10 years old but regularly serviced by previous owner. Over the past few weeks it has developed an intermittent fault with ignition. The boiler is set to come on for heating in the morning but each time it tries to fire up but fails and displays a read code F1 (ignition fault (lockout) failed to light). I then have to manually turn the whole boiler on and of, at first this would work first time but now it is taking 3 times to fire up. I can hear the sound of the electronic ignition firing away the whole time. This is the same for on demand hot water but is absolutely fine when the boiler has been on and working for 5 minutes or so. I spoke with a plumber on the phone but he suggested I see how the problem plays out, its now getting worse.

Any information would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Tim

Can we have an attention seeking sticky "How to fix your boiler" and all it would contain is "Sorry it's against forum rules so can't help unless you're GSR qualified." At least it would save potential posters and diyers some grief not to mention our regular response to such inquiries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Intermittent Boiler Fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back