Search the forum,

Discuss Intermittant Hot Water problem on Vaillant Combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 13 year old Vaillant ecoMAX828 which has developed a problem with the hot water which I hope someone recognizes and can advise what to do.
The problem happens a couple of times a day when the HW is run, and most often when the CH is on as well. The boiler gets locked into a (1 second) cycle of trying to switch on to heat the HW and cutting out again, probably because it is too hot as the temperature readout shows high 60's or 70's, which is higher than the HW setting. When it is in this loop I cannot get a response from the i button to see any fault code.
When the HW does work it gets very hot then after 30 seconds it cools down significantly and makes it impossible to run a hot bath.
I live in a hard water area and it appears as if something is furred up which causes a delay (hysteresis) between the actual water temp and what the sensor detects, so the water gets too hot hence triggers the cut out.
Is this sensible? Has anyone else experienced this problem and knows how to fix it? Thanks for reading.

Best get a gas safe engy out

Sorry, I should have said that my usual Gas Safe Eng just says I need a new boiler, but does not say what the problem is with the current one. He may well be right, but would like other views.

Ok

Might be worth giving the manufacturer a call they might do a fixed price repair (normally around 300)

But agree it's not worth it on a 13 year old boiler

I agree with your engineer .
13 years old probably cause other problems trying to repair it.

ok, thanks guys. New boiler it is.
Do you think that Vaillant are still one of the best, or are the top make all about the same?
I had UFH installed with a kitchen extension 5 years ago, is there anything particular to go for that best meets the needs of the UFH as well as the usual CH and HW?

Vaillant are still a good boiler. Fit a in line scale reducer before the boiler this time.
Ecotec pro or plus are the boilers you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Intermittant Hot Water problem on Vaillant Combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock